Is the Speedy 40 appropriate to use as a hangdbag?

Fine for a day trip somewhere maybe with a strap attached, but not as an everday bag, I find my WC 35 pretty big

Hi I just bought the watercolor speedy 35 also (it hasn't arrived yet) and I just read that you own one also. I'm afraid the size might be a little bigger than what I'm used to but can you post a pic with it against the side of you to reference how big it looks in your hand. I'd appreciate it. thanks Deb

This is just the thread I was looking for. I'm thinking of also getting the 40 to use as an everyday bag. The dimensions don't seem that huge.

Heck I agree..it is not that big 16 Lx 10 H...I just ordered the galleria GM...which is heaps bigger...it makes the speedy 40 look like tiny...the galleria pm is bigger than the speedy 40...I have the speedy 30 and find it way too small...wish I would have went with a 35 or even better a 40....love it when a speedy sags....

sp40me.jpg

Too big IMO. while the front doesn't look bad, remember, the sides are very wide.

I'm 5'5". I agree with the heaviness of the bag when a person carries too much. May I ask what items do you normally carry inside your speedy 35? Thanks.

I usually carry my wallet, the Damier Porte-Tresor International, as well as a cosmetic bag filled with make-up, and other everyday items. I never carry anything too big simply because the bag is heavy.

But I see your point...I guess the weight of the bag would depend on the number and size of items you carry.:yes: I'm 5'3 by the way.

Last edited:
Speedy 40 would be great for outings to the mall or boutiques "diva style". I imagine it's fun tossing your cosmetic, jewelry, books/magazines, assorted knick-knacks -- whatever pleases you into your 40 without worrying about space. A glorified carpet bag!

Incidentally I'm a little torn between Speedy 40cm or the Keepall 45cm w/ strap. The latter offers a little more practicality (and some wanderlust too).

Saw a 40 on a tall girl at the mall... had barely anything in it and the sag on that bag was crazy sexy!

Reactions: Namwan-
Speedy 40 would be great for outings to the mall or boutiques "diva style". I imagine it's fun tossing your cosmetic, jewelry, books/magazines, assorted knick-knacks -- whatever pleases you into your 40 without worrying about space. A glorified carpet bag!

Incidentally I'm a little torn between Speedy 40cm or the Keepall 45cm w/ strap. The latter offers a little more practicality (and some wanderlust too).

Saw a 40 on a tall girl at the mall... had barely anything in it and the sag on that bag was crazy sexy!

I could see using it as a big tote bag for one day, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using it as a handbag. I'm still using mine as a "trunk" to keep stuff locked away in.

Wow. That's a big bag. And I'm thinking the 35 is too big for me....:wondering...
I think it's totally a personal preference and if you can work it then go for it!

If you like it and feel comfortable with it, why not? I use luggage bags as school bags and shopping totes so I will rarely argue against a big bag. I love them. :tup: