Is the size and condition of this vintage flap correct?

MsCho

Apr 17, 2015
Hi!

I saw this vintage Chanel flap bag posted for sale at a local consignment store but I was a bit confused about the size.
It says lambskin jumbo matelasse but the dimensions they list here are: 34cm x 22cm x 10cm.
Is this a jumbo or maxi? or XL?

Also, I’ve attached some photos of the bag. I know it’s vintage and it’s a 3 series (1994-1996 I believe) so the lambskin quilting deflates but does the wear and tear on this bag look standard for vintage or is it in poor condition?

Also if anyone can give any pointers of a good price range for a bag in this condition TIA!

IMG_5487.jpeg IMG_5488.jpeg IMG_5486.jpeg IMG_5485.jpeg IMG_5484.jpeg IMG_5483.jpeg IMG_5479.jpeg IMG_5477.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5482.jpeg
    IMG_5482.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This is a maxi. Prices can vary significantly from seller to seller. I've seen maxis in great condition for around the $3,000 mark and at the $6,000 mark. Deflated quilts are pretty standard on the vintage maxis. I've actually never seen one with completely puffy quilts. If you prefer puffier quilts, I'd suggest looking at a vintage jumbo or XL, as those keep their puffs much better imo.

Reactions: MsCho
This is a maxi. Prices can vary significantly from seller to seller. I've seen maxis in great condition for around the $3,000 mark and at the $6,000 mark. Deflated quilts are pretty standard on the vintage maxis. I've actually never seen one with completely puffy quilts. If you prefer puffier quilts, I'd suggest looking at a vintage jumbo or XL, as those keep their puffs much better imo.
Thanks for the info! Sorry about my ignorance with the vintage bags but many sites are selling bags with the name Maxi/Jumbo XL. Are there 3 sizes (maxi, jumbo and xl)? And if so would you happen to know the sizes?
I saw a previous thread that said jumbo 12”, XL 13.5” and Maxi wasn’t listed.