Is the RTT silver bead bracelet sturdy for everyday wear?

MissChristine

Nov 20, 2013
My lovely boyfriend surprised me with my first Tiffany’s Piece last night on my bday.
It’s the small silver bead bracelet with the blue enamel return to Tiffany heart.

I’m in the food service business, so use my hands a lot and run around a lot. I also never remember/want to take my jewelry off during showers and bedtime.
Sterling silver never seems to tarnish on my skin, so I never bothered taking anything off before.

I’m just curious as to how this bracelet will hold up to everyday wear?
The beads seem to be threaded on a thin chain and the little blue heart on a small ring on one of the beads. I’m worried of the chain breaking or the heart breaking off.

I’d be devastated since this is the first piece of jewelry he’s ever gotten for me and it’s very special to me.

Also, to anyone that has this bracelet, how do you like it? Is it a good stackable piece?

Thanks everyone! ❤️

My lovely boyfriend surprised me with my first Tiffany’s Piece last night on my bday.
It’s the small silver bead bracelet with the blue enamel return to Tiffany heart.

I’m in the food service business, so use my hands a lot and run around a lot. I also never remember/want to take my jewelry off during showers and bedtime.
Sterling silver never seems to tarnish on my skin, so I never bothered taking anything off before.

I’m just curious as to how this bracelet will hold up to everyday wear?
The beads seem to be threaded on a thin chain and the little blue heart on a small ring on one of the beads. I’m worried of the chain breaking or the heart breaking off.

I’d be devastated since this is the first piece of jewelry he’s ever gotten for me and it’s very special to me.

Also, to anyone that has this bracelet, how do you like it? Is it a good stackable piece?

Thanks everyone! ❤️
Congrats on the new bracelet.

Last edited:
I have this bracelet and while I’ve never had a problem with it, some have gotten it caught on things and it broke.

I love mine though. I have three bead bracelets and they’re great to mix and match. They’re such versatile pieces. Enjoy!

Reactions: uhpharm01
Congratulations on your new piece!

I have worn mine almost daily for a little over a year until it broke (back in September 2015). I didn't get caught on anything, it just fell off when I was washing my hands. Luckily I could save all major items and get it repaired. I have worn it a lot ever since it was repaired and nothing else happened. Maybe I got caught on something shortly before it fell off and was just lucky I could save it, I don't know.

Nonetheless I really love mine and still wear it a lot! I think it holds up pretty well to everyday wear, the little heart doesn't even get scratched that much. I also wear it in the shower and didn't have any problems with it. I don't usually wear jewelry in bed though, but if you're afraid it might break you could just put it off and leave it on your bedside table during the night? Although I wouldn't be too worried since the chain is quite "sturdy" imo.

I have this bracelet and while I’ve never had a problem with it, some have gotten it caught on things and it broke.

I love mine though. I have three bead bracelets and they’re great to mix and match. They’re such versatile pieces. Enjoy!
Thank you!
I’m super worried about it, but I’ve heard such mixed reviews. Someone said they wore it for like 5 years without issues.

Congratulations on your new piece!

I have worn mine almost daily for a little over a year until it broke (back in September 2015). I didn't get caught on anything, it just fell off when I was washing my hands. Luckily I could save all major items and get it repaired. I have worn it a lot ever since it was repaired and nothing else happened. Maybe I got caught on something shortly before it fell off and was just lucky I could save it, I don't know.

Nonetheless I really love mine and still wear it a lot! I think it holds up pretty well to everyday wear, the little heart doesn't even get scratched that much. I also wear it in the shower and didn't have any problems with it. I don't usually wear jewelry in bed though, but if you're afraid it might break you could just put it off and leave it on your bedside table during the night? Although I wouldn't be too worried since the chain is quite "sturdy" imo.

Thank you! I’m excited to start my Tiffany journey!

And I’m sorry to hear it broke but I’m glad you didn’t lose it and got it fixed!
How much did they charge you?
Do you pair it with any other bracelet?

I’ve been eyeing the silver bracelet with the tiny lock and 2 keys on it, I’m sorry I don’t know the proper names yet. But it’s so cute!

Thank you! I’m excited to start my Tiffany journey!

And I’m sorry to hear it broke but I’m glad you didn’t lose it and got it fixed!
How much did they charge you?
Do you pair it with any other bracelet?

They charged me 40€ and said it was the cheapest option bc I didn't loose the heart or too many beads. In general I've made the experience that they will charge you if you drop the stuff off in store. But since the closest store is 2 hours away I just sent the items I needed to get changed/repaired in last time and they did it free of charge.. Even sent it back for free which they usually like to charge with 15€.

I do like the bracelet on it's own but also stacked. As someone previously mentioned the small bead bracelets are great to mix and match in general, I like to pair mine with the small Bow Bracelet. I also pair it with the thin cuff from the 1837 collection and/or my Cartier Trinity Bracelet. I think it's very versatile. :smile:

Thank you!
I’m super worried about it, but I’ve heard such mixed reviews. Someone said they wore it for like 5 years without issues.
I'd probably avoid wearing it constantly then. I remember how much I focused on any of the jewelry I was wearing when I worked at a restaurant (I didn't at all) and given that it means a lot to you, if it were me, it'd make me constantly stressed to have it on and wouldn't want that impacting my work. I also don't wear silver in the shower because it speeds up tarnishing.

If you work a lot with your hands especially in an environment where you are exposed to heat, oils, soap etc I wouldn't wear it to work at all. It's reasonably sturdy but the beads can dent easily, and the enamel on the heart will likely discolour when exposed to environmental factors.

Enjoy and wear it, just not at work.

I love this brackelet . I have two the blue enamel heart and the heart lock and always wear them together.
I’ve never had an issue with and had for over two years. However I never wear them in the shower or to bed.

Congrats on your first Tiffany piece!! I have the RTT mini bead bracelet in pink, and Tiffany blue. IMO, they’re really sturdy. I’ve had the blue one for over two years, and I wore it for a year straight (in the shower, at night sleeping). I haven’t had any issues with it. Just started re-wearing the bracelets stacked together again!

Attachments

• 83CA530E-0B2A-4DC4-B723-905242A77F6A.jpeg
    83CA530E-0B2A-4DC4-B723-905242A77F6A.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 1,705
Reactions: lvjunkyxo