Is the Roxy A4 tote a good everyday bag?

dre260703

O.G.
Aug 27, 2007
I have just brought the last one they had in HofF and have not used it yet (i just keep looking at it!!), I would do a reveal - but I have no idea how to work my hubbies camera!!

Mine is black and the antique leather - I read on post that Ali-bagpuss started that this type of leather is great in the rain as it does not stain.

Thanks ladies
xx

I bought one in the sale (black, coated canvas) and find it a great size for everyday - fits loads in which is great as I tend to cart around a lot of stuff - with room for the odd bit of food or clothes shopping too as the need arises. Because of the bad weather lately the coated canvas has been fantastic as I can just use it without worrying at all, so I assume the black antique leather will do this job too. Congrats!!

So it is a keeper bag - ohhh I am so pleased, I have been using my coated canvas bays, but I fancied a change and as it was in the sale, it would have been rude of me not to give it a new home.:lol:

That sounds like a great buy:biggrin: and ideal in this wonderful summer as well as winter. I have the black NVT and it carries so much. The hardware on the antiqued makes it special. Looking forward to a reveal when you get a chance:smile:

I have Oak and Black and they are the best everyday bag poss. They look better full than empty, easily accessible and fit on the shoulder. I had to force myself to stop at two:graucho:

Congrats on the new addition to your family! I have the black nvt and yes, she is a FABULOUS everyday bag which doesn't look 'everyday'! I agree with Corries, it looks better full but it takes a LOT to fill her up, she's so capacious. I've used mine every day for over two months since I brought her home - I had asked DH to save for her for my 40th birthday but when I found her at half price in the sale I pounced.
You are going to LOVE using her!

Thanks Trashedbride, I am sure i will have no toruble filling her up (my two little ones will see to that Lol), she was such a bargain that I could not leave her in the shop.
xx

Congrats on your A4 Roxanne tote, Dre. I have one in Chocolate NVT and I love it to bits. It's been my every day bag ever since I got it plus I don't have to worry about stuffing it with things too since it looks nicer when it's full. Looking forward to the gorgeous modelling pics.

Hi Dre I have the exact same bag and I even bought it at Reading HoF as well so we are definitely bag twins!!!:hugs:

It's a great bag, I don't stuff mine to the gills usually as I don't have any little people, but even when it's only got a few things in it still looks good IMO. And the antique leather is so easy to live with - no worries about rain, sleet, snow or whatever the average British August may yet throw at us:nuts:

The front pockets are really handy and a decent size, and the fact that the bag is lined and has 2 internal pockets makes it even more useful. In fact I think the lining avoids the "saggy bottom effect" that some people complain of with the NVT versions of this bag.

In short - I love it!:yahoo: And I don't think you'll be disappointed either.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Reading Meet!:biggrin:

Thanks Mulberryfloss and SHM

MF - that so funny, HofF in Reading is great, glad you got your bag from the lovely ladies in there.

Well I have transferred all of my stuff out of the canvas bays into the Roxy and she is sat on the table ready to go (off over to my mums today with DS & DD). Looking forward to the Reading meet as well:biggrin: