Is the Rock Me super big?

Jun 16, 2006
I may be getting a Rock Me (full size) but I'm afraid it may be too big for me. I'm 5'4 and worried about the length. I do carry baby things and kid things as well as a sweater, water, magazines and full size wallet.

What do you thing? I want to use it as an everyday bag.

Hi :smile: I have a full size purple RM and dont feel it is too big at all. Im only 5'1" and if it is not packed to the gills it slouches beautifully and doesnt seem "big" at all. I use it as a work/mommy bag and love having extra room if I need it for extras or stuff DD needs me to cram in there. It is a very comfy shoulder carry. I actually found the RM Midi too small as I like a big "stuffable bag". Check Amys blog too - she has a fab review of her taupe one with pics :smile:

I have a full sized RM, Aloha, and I LOVE its bigness. It is a large bag. But it's comfortable to wear, and it will hold a ton. I thought about a midi, but I am so GLAD that I got the full sized.

Aloha, I will send a pic of myself with my full size RM, too. I'll have Sister Mary Pocketbook post it for me. It's a big bag, yes, and I'm 5' on the nose, but I have enjoyed its bigness, especially for traveling or if I have a lot to do in a day. You can fit A LOT in it.

Also, do those of you with the full-sized rock me find that the regular straps stay on the shoulder well? I read somewhere that a few people preferred the thinner threaded straps on this bag...any thoughts?
Thanks again!

kateye, I never use the outside pockets of my Rock Me, so I can't help you there. I have no problems with the regular straps staying on my shoulder. I haven't tried the thinner straps for this reason.

kateye - the straps (in pebbled leather) slipped off my shoulder at first. Now that I have carried the bag a bit with quite a heavy load, they have softened quite a bit and I find they don't slip as much. It is easier to slip one strap over the other too. If the bag came with thinner threaded straps, i would probably be happier.

kateye - the straps (in pebbled leather) slipped off my shoulder at first. Now that I have carried the bag a bit with quite a heavy load, they have softened quite a bit and I find they don't slip as much. It is easier to slip one strap over the other too. If the bag came with thinner threaded straps, i would probably be happier.

Thank you! I actually just tried on a similar bag today and I think the RM is bigger than what I need right now, but this info was helpful in making a decision!