Is the regular JUC ring uncomfortable?

Tahoe10

Apr 7, 2013
Hello! I am thinking about buying my very first Cartier piece, and I’m interested in the JUC ring (it is something that would be meaningful because my dad is a carpenter).

The design looks very uncomfortable. Does the nailhead dig into your finger? I’m interested in hearing people’s experiences with this ring. How comfortable is it, do you have to size up because of the nailhead, does it scratch up easily? I obviously would have to order online.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: ekweezy

rat_stack

Jun 17, 2019
Hi, so I like my rings to fit loose in general (yes, many will say that's a bad idea, but it's more comfortable for me. So I purchase the thin JUC in a 53 when a 52 would have probably sufficed.) I honestly did find the ring uncomfortable when I first wore it. The nail head does dig into your skin just a little bit, and keep in mind that mine has a loose fit. But after a week, I stopped noticing completely. I just got used to it. So overall, definitely no regrets with this piece!

But I would say getting properly fitted is very, VERY important with this piece. I'm glad I went with the 53 and the looser fit!

Tahoe10

Apr 7, 2013
Thank you! I’m not sure if this is something I should be ordering online...

Hi, so I like my rings to fit loose in general (yes, many will say that's a bad idea, but it's more comfortable for me. So I purchase the thin JUC in a 53 when a 52 would have probably sufficed.) I honestly did find the ring uncomfortable when I first wore it. The nail head does dig into your skin just a little bit, and keep in mind that mine has a loose fit. But after a week, I stopped noticing completely. I just got used to it. So overall, definitely no regrets with this piece!

But I would say getting properly fitted is very, VERY important with this piece. I'm glad I went with the 53 and the looser fit!

showgratitude

Mar 26, 2018
Hello! I am thinking about buying my very first Cartier piece, and I’m interested in the JUC ring (it is something that would be meaningful because my dad is a carpenter).

The design looks very uncomfortable. Does the nailhead dig into your finger? I’m interested in hearing people’s experiences with this ring. How comfortable is it, do you have to size up because of the nailhead, does it scratch up easily? I obviously would have to order online.

Thank you so much!
In my experience, it's comfortable and doesn't dig into my finger. It is truly a unique and interesting piece.

Reactions: Tahoe10

Lawny

Mar 8, 2020
I have the thin JUC ring in RG I wear on my pointer finger. I originally purchased a size 52 but it was so loose I was worried it would fling off just by waving to someone. Went back the next day to exchange it to a size 51 to have it be a bit more snug. At first I was worried it was too tight after the exchange but it made me feel so much more secure. No regrets with my purchase what so ever! Definitely would recommend sizing down for this one.

undecided45

Aug 17, 2017
I ordered mine online and picked it up in-store. The SAs made sure it fit on me before they gave it to me. Luckily I chose the right size online! I would recommend waiting to get it in-store. Better experience and peace of mind.

CoCoBelle

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
DC
I have the thin JUC ring in RG I wear on my pointer finger. I originally purchased a size 52 but it was so loose I was worried it would fling off just by waving to someone. Went back the next day to exchange it to a size 51 to have it be a bit more snug. At first I was worried it was too tight after the exchange but it made me feel so much more secure. No regrets with my purchase what so ever! Definitely would recommend sizing down for this one.
I was in the exact same position, in fact I had to wait for a 53 to come in, to avoid the nail head dig... but it still does. Basically it does dig in a bit, no matter the size.

purseluv

O.G.
May 31, 2006
I’m thinking about getting a regular YG or small WG JUG ring (no diamonds). I already have the small YG JUC, which is very comfortable and lightweight. Even forget I have it on.

For those with the regular ring, is it uncomfortable at all for 24/7 wear? Is it too heavy or bulky? If it is, leaning towards getting another small instead.

Thanks!

Navadety

Jun 27, 2018
My lovely also warned so when I purchased the ring, but to me personally, it is okay to wear the ring for long time but not sure if it is good to wear 24/7. I think the main concern is the nail head that is easy to get scratches.

And the ring also leaves the mark on your finger as well due to its head.

lilpikachu

BTS <3
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
My partner wears his regular JUC ring all the time and has no complaints (only removes it for showers OR if he’s doing an activity where it could get damaged).

The weight difference between both pieces is substantial. The small JUC ring is super lightweight in comparison :smile:

I would recommend trying both pieces on in person if possible because even the sizing is different!

Lookelou

Jan 13, 2019
I have the pink with diamonds- I love it. I wear it on my right hand pointer finger. And it is UNCOMFORTABLE! I can not wear it 24/7. I have 2 love bracelets that I wear 24/7 for the last 10 years- don’t notice them! I can feel the ring enough when I wear it that I have now resisted the temptation to buy the bracelet!

cmadtmifyb0623

IG @itscaitlinmariee
Apr 30, 2017
Florida
I wear my regular JUC ring on my left hand pointer finger and I agree with Lookelou, I cannot wear it everyday. It looks amazing but it is kind of bulky and the nail head does dig making it a tad uncomfortable which is why I only went one size down from my Love ring size when I could have done 2 sizes down but it would probably be unbearable to wear at that point so 1 size down was just right but throughout the day starts to dig and I just take it off at night.

Reactions: Noyerx

lovieluvslux

That bag is fine!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2010
I purchased the double JUC ring instead of the single larger one. For one, my fingers are on the thicker side and I felt the classic added extra bulk to my hand. I found myself switching around the JUC on different fingers so it can be comfortable. Instead I got the double with diamonds. The loops are thinner and not as solid as single. I'm OK with that. I love it!