Is the regular JUC bracelet comfortable for daily wear?

N_Tonks

Sep 26, 2020
Hi!
I’m hoping to get a regular JUC bracelet (preferably with diamonds), but I’m high risk for Covid and don’t live anywhere near a Cartier so I won’t be able to try one on anytime soon.

For those of you who have one, are they comfortable? Does the nail head dig in? If you have diamonds on the nailhead, do they dig in? Do you take it off to sleep? I would need to take mine off frequently to lift (I wrap my wrists), so hopefully that would not be harmful to the mechanism.

Advice/experiences welcome!

Reactions: Namwan-
Hi!
I’m hoping to get a regular JUC bracelet (preferably with diamonds), but I’m high risk for Covid and don’t live anywhere near a Cartier so I won’t be able to try one on anytime soon.

For those of you who have one, are they comfortable? Does the nail head dig in? If you have diamonds on the nailhead, do they dig in? Do you take it off to sleep? I would need to take mine off frequently to lift (I wrap my wrists), so hopefully that would not be harmful to the mechanism.

Advice/experiences welcome!

I‘ve been wearing the plain one on a daily basis for years and it‘s comfortable for me- I forget that I’m wearing it. The nail head doesn’t really dig in until it hits the thicker part of my arm and has been sitting there for awhile. I don’t take it off to sleep and the only time I take it off is to occasionally clean it. No problems so far and I don’t stack it (not sure if this matters). HTH

Reactions: N_Tonks
I‘ve been wearing the plain one on a daily basis for years and it‘s comfortable for me- I forget that I’m wearing it. The nail head doesn’t really dig in until it hits the thicker part of my arm and has been sitting there for awhile. I don’t take it off to sleep and the only time I take it off is to occasionally clean it. No problems so far and I don’t stack it (not sure if this matters). HTH
That helps tons! Thank you! It is really weird not being able to just go try one on. I keep reading people saying that the nail head on the ring digs in, so I wondered if that would be the case on the bracelet. But you do need to wear a ring a good bit tighter than a bracelet, so I’m sure that factors in.

What kind of fit is your bracelet—loose? Tighter? I’m not one for tight jewelry at all, and that’s the other big stumbling block with not being able to go try one on. I really want to get sizing right.

Would not be stacking (at least not right now).

Reactions: Pkshelly100
For those of you who have one, are they comfortable? Does the nail head dig in? If you have diamonds on the nailhead, do they dig in?

No, the JUC is *not* comfortable - at least compared to the Loves. Definitely not when stacking. Tried that but moved it to the other side. And yes, the nail head does dig in. Have the reg one btw. Be warned: mine is back at Cartier as it came off.

I have the small juc and wear it daily ,no issues whatsoever except occasionally gets caught on the sweater .
I second this. I have the thin juc with diamonds and wear it 24/7 with my love. No issues besides it getting caught in the thread of of my long sleeves, but it's not often - very rarely, but it happens.

I have the regular JUC and don't find it comfortable for daily wear. For starters its round tubed shape doesn't feel as comfortable as the Love, especially when I'm typing and have my wrists resting on the desk. I wear my Love on the left wrist and don't like stacking the JUC with it because the noise drives me up the wall, so I have to wear the JUC on my right with a few smaller bracelets, but being right handed, the JUC sometimes gets in the way as it sticks out more than a flat bracelet like the Love. It's also quite a heavy bracelet.

I like the design enough to get a matching ring (small rg JUC) but sadly it's not a daily wear bracelet for me.

Oh dear, I've been oscillating between whether or not to get the JUC in regular size and it seems the answer is no if it's not comfy like the Love!

One of my concerns is how much the head portrudes out. In addition to the head digging into skin, do people find that it also scrapes on stuff since it's not flat/ flush against the arm like the Love?

Reactions: Ddk5004 and N_Tonks
Oh dear, I've been oscillating between whether or not to get the JUC in regular size and it seems the answer is no if it's not comfy like the Love!

One of my concerns is how much the head portrudes out. In addition to the head digging into skin, do people find that it also scrapes on stuff since it's not flat/ flush against the arm like the Love?

When I considered the full size JUC we were still going into the office and I went to the Cartier boutique after work. I found that the full size did not sit well with my dress shirt. So not exactly what you asked about bumping into things, as I did not have it on long enough to bump into anything. But the nail head did protrude in a cumbersome way.

That helps tons! Thank you! It is really weird not being able to just go try one on. I keep reading people saying that the nail head on the ring digs in, so I wondered if that would be the case on the bracelet. But you do need to wear a ring a good bit tighter than a bracelet, so I’m sure that factors in.

What kind of fit is your bracelet—loose? Tighter? I’m not one for tight jewelry at all, and that’s the other big stumbling block with not being able to go try one on. I really want to get sizing right.

Would not be stacking (at least not right now).

I guess it fits on the looser side as I can turn it around on my arm if I force it.

I find my JUC very comfortable. I wear it daily. Sleep in it sometimes. The fact that I have the option to take it off I usually will before bed. I actually find it more comfortable than my loves. I think because it’s a rounded bracelet vs flat edged. The nail head has dug in before but usually when I am doing something so specific like a plank during vinyasa if it gets stuck in the crease during deep wrist flexion. But I don’t walk around like that. So I don’t worry and just adjust it. It’s quickly become my favorite bracelet! Full size with diamonds for reference.

"Out" - no issues ... but "in". Over time the head rubs on the wrist. I am not starting bleeding but the skin gets red and hurts A LOT over time. Have the diamond one; the one without may be better.

For the question JUC or reg Love I wonder why this is even asked.

I have the JUC with diamonds and have worn it pretty much day and night for the last 3+ years, with very few exceptions. Not sure if I just got used to it, but I don’t recall it ever being uncomfortable?

I also have the JUC ring with diamonds as well, and that can get uncomfortable.