Is the Poppy line age-specific?

I bought a poppy last year that I loved. I did end up giving it to my 17yo DD, but not because I felt it was too young for me. She just really needed a bag for school that would fit her iPad and a spiral notebook.

The Pre-fall preview shows poppy bags that are more sophisticated than what's shown before.

I thought the design of the earlier Poppy line looked very young and I didn't buy it. IMO, the look is evolving and looks more bright and fun than too young for me. I'm 32 and rock my Perri Hippie and can't wait to get my leather glam tote in the mail. Go for it if you like it!

I think the poppy line includes items that are suited for all ages. I own 2 glam totes: a denim one & a siggy black on black. I guess the more "boring" in the poppy line, lol. But that's what appealed to me.
I think you should get whatever u really like. I saw a woman who was probably in her 50s @ the outlet & she was carrying some sort of poppy w/ appliqué flowers & sequins & glitter on the handles. IMO, more suited for a highschooler, but who cares about my opinion-- she looked happy :smile: That's what's important.
Plus, like others mentioned, the poppy line is constantly changing. It was surprising to me that some of the bags on the spring & fall preview were poppy!

Last edited:
My mother in law in late 50', she carries her poppy and looks so cute on her. Of course she loves it too. As long as YOU love it, I don't think poppy is age-specific at all!

Last year I purchased my one and only Poppy Item which is the Poppy Whipstitch Hobo Natural. When the line first came out I did find it to
young and a bit glitzy for my tastes. Since that time though as others have stated the line has evolved and there is now something for
everyone in this line.

Last edited:
I didn't get my first Coach (a poppy glam) until my late 30s and have always been drawn to the poppy bags that are stylish but simple. As others have said, there is something for everyone ;)

During high school and college I used to wear only poppy, but after I graduated I started looking a the more expensive leather bags, so last summer I sold almost all my poppy stuff, only keeping a few favorites. I think I had so much poppy I grew out of it and needed "grown up" bags. I'm looking forward to see the poppy fall line, they look so fun and sophisticated at the same time