Is the Pandora a classic style or out of date? Also can it be a workhorse bag?

Nov 4, 2011
I have both medium and mini pandora. Croc embossed in medium and pepe leather in mini size. They're definitely workhorse bags and can fit so many things, but I find that the medium really weighs down on my shoulders when I fill up the bag, even when I wore it crossbody with the strap. Compared to my other bags like Balenciaga, I really felt the heaviness with the pandora. The mini one is more of my grab and go bag.

Reactions: IntheOcean

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
Ended up selling the small and getting the mini. The mini fits a lot-keys, wallet, phone, makeup bag and kindle, plus assorted masks and other things that just find their way into my bags! I’m loving it!

My mini panda is 8 years old and still my favorite bag!
Bought my first Pandora a month ago and it's a Mini. It fits so much! (For a mini bag, of course) Very user-friendly.

IntheOcean

Authenticator
Apr 4, 2018
I actually think it holds more than some “small bags”. I fit my wallet, phone, makeup bag, keys, kindle, hand sanitizer and some other assorted stuff that just seems to find its way in there….
Same, I cuttently have my full-size wallet, large pack of wipes, tissues, hand lotion, mints, cardholders, phone, and all the contents of the makeup/necesser are in the interior zipped pocket. The bag still has some room to spare.

thundercloud

puppy treat machine
O.G.
Jan 2, 2007
Still love my small pepe pandora! One of my fav bags and has been used a TON over the years. I love having being able to carry it 3 diff ways with the crossbody strap and handle/shoulder strap. It's all broken in, so it's nice and slouchy. I love how the pepe leather gives it a more unique look and feel.

Esquared72

Adrift and At Peace
O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
My medium Pandora is my workhorse…I haven’t been gentle with it (but not abusive either) and it still looks new. It’s my go-to bag for travel - fits a ton, super comfortable to carry, easy to access what I need, and versatile in how I can carry it. It will always be a classic to me.

dignatius

Nov 3, 2015
I consider the Pandora a niche classic because its edginess does not appeal to everyone. I live in a pretty conservative area and I've only seen two Pandoras in the wild in the last 5 years. However, it does fall into the category of "if you know, you know" and mine usually gets a second glance from those who know...

Last edited:

jen_sparro

Jen
O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
I bought a Pandora mini from TRR late in July and it has become my go-to for errands. It was well used by the previous owner and is very slouchy and soft. It holds more than I expected and I really like the Pepe leather.

I remember seeing these when they first came out over 10yrs ago and at the time I didn't like the Pepe leather and I thought the bag was a weird shape... tastes change and I've seen the light! I think it's a Givenchy classic and I will wear it happily into the future.