Is the paddy worth it?

Tanja said:
The paddy leather is pretty insensitive and it makes a great ****ty weather bag.

Tanja, that just cracked me up:lol: :lol: :lol: !

When u buy something, it's not just all about the quality of the workmanship, durability, longevity, and so on. It's also about how it makes u feel. It's very difficult to place a monetary value on that. If it's something that makes you smile and puts joy in your heart, something you enjoy admiring and using or even something that puts a little spring in your step, well then that in itself is a good investment. So, all in all, whether something is worthwhile depends on a mixture of the practical stuff and emotional stuff:biggrin: , and that will be different for everyone and for different items.

If you ask me how I feel about my paddy, then I'll tell you yes, it is worth it for me;) .

:lol: well despite my misgivings about my first paddington, I may be joining the paddington crew once again. Saw one on bluefly and ordered it. No idea if it went through but my cc card is missing the funds. Either way, I couldn't resist the red! I'm such a sucker for a red bag.

Noriko said:
:lol: well despite my misgivings about my first paddington, I may be joining the paddington crew once again. Saw one on bluefly and ordered it. No idea if it went through but my cc card is missing the funds. Either way, I couldn't resist the red! I'm such a sucker for a red bag.

Noriko!!!:biggrin: Yay! Celebration time, everyone! Which style did u get?? I love red bags too, or ok just red in general, lol!

The paddy is definitely worth it. If you look at the details and craftsmanship on the paddy compared to other bags, it is quite superior. Although I am a huge fan of Balenciaga and Chanel, I must admit my paddy looks better and I get more compliments on it than any of my other bags. The only thing I dislike is the heaviness of the bag, but then again, it wouldn't look as nice without the lock.

ETenebris - are you still indecisive about which style to buy? I think the pocket paddy would be good for you because it fits your criterias - a little bigger than the classic but not wider. I think someone on this board purchased a pocket for her first paddy and posted pics of her carrying it.

I have the classic in blanc and I'm loving it. I also have the white Balenciaga first, but I must admit that I like the paddy more because of it's soft ivory hue.....

sweetsparkle said:
ETenebris - are you still indecisive about which style to buy? I think the pocket paddy would be good for you because it fits your criterias - a little bigger than the classic but not wider. I think someone on this board purchased a pocket for her first paddy and posted pics of her carrying it.

I have the classic in blanc and I'm loving it. I also have the white Balenciaga first, but I must admit that I like the paddy more because of it's soft ivory hue.....

Hi SWEETSPARKLE! I fell in love with your blanc pocket and now they are GONE! So I really really really want a blanc pocket. I may do a trade or sell my big pocket, but yes the smaller pocket is calling my name. If your sister decides she doesn't want hers PLEASE let me know! LVR had one in "white" and I didn't think I needed another white bag, but seeing Lindsey Lohan's white Chloe photographed (I know, she is yuck, but the bag is cute) and then your photos, now I want that! And of course they sold out.:sad2:

Etenebris - I know Chloe NYC has the blanc small pocket. That's where I bought mine from. My SA's name is Macy. She is so nice and helpful. I'm not sure if you're able to do a charge send but I'm sure she can help you figure how to get it. Chloe NYC's number is (212) 717-8220. I think they close today at 5 or 6pm EST. Let me know how it goes and I'll keep an eye out for a blanc pocket paddy.

sweetsparkle said:
Etenebris - I know Chloe NYC has the blanc small pocket. That's where I bought mine from. My SA's name is Macy. She is so nice and helpful. I'm not sure if you're able to do a charge send but I'm sure she can help you figure how to get it. Chloe NYC's number is (212) 717-8220. I think they close today at 5 or 6pm EST. Let me know how it goes and I'll keep an eye out for a blanc pocket paddy.

Ooh...thanks for the info! How much is it there? I really wanted one from LVR since they are substantially less expensive, but I may splurge anyway! Any idea about shipping cost?:nuts:

My friend has this tote:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...000cat000002cat000008cat30005cat70001cat80017

and she likes it. I've seen it on her and it looks nice, but personally I think it could only be used for work or weekend trips. I still the pocket paddy is perfect for you because of the size and the fact that it doesn't deviate too much from the classic shape, which is more versatile than the tote. Can you try giving Bergdorf Goodman a call too?

The total cost for the small pocket, including tax was $1789 (I think). But that does not include shipping. I assume it might be something like $30-40. Call them and find out. In meantime, maybe you could try Saks. I have an SA in Bevery Hills Saks - her name is Alma (don't know her last name but she works for Chloe handbags). She is extremely efficient and maybe she could locate one for you in the system. I prefer buying from Saks or NM because if something is wrong with the bag you can get a 100% refund, whereas the Chloe boutique only offers store credit.