Is the new S/S 09 Jumbo saggy too?

My sister-in-law has a S/S '09 red medium flap and it's the softest caviar ever. It's beautiful, but it seems like it must be handled carefully because it's really squishy and pliable. She is not a member here, but I will ask to take pics the next time we get together.

Don't get me wrong: It's not like the maxi where it can't hold its shape. It's just not rigid like the caviar flaps have always been. It's also a lot lighter than the traditional caviar bags.

Hope this helps!! Sorry for lack of pics.

Jonesy

This is a silly question.. but does it mean that they wont be making the more structured ones anymore? Are they only going to produce these less structured ones from now on? Tia!

I think it isn't saggy but it's less structured. It's probably a new thing Chanel is trying out since the new caviar is supposedly used for the current season... I hope they would bring back the old caviar though!

This is a silly question.. but does it mean that they wont be making the more structured ones anymore? Are they only going to produce these less structured ones from now on? Tia!

I hope it is only the seasonal experiment from Chanel. I wonder maybe this soft caviar costs less and Chanel is testing the market with it.

I don't think all the S/S '09 is like this. I just did a search on eBay and found a lot of jumbos (allegedly) from this season, according to the sellers. They look really normal.

Perhaps it's only the seasonal colors, like this new red-orange that I mentioned in my previous post.

I hope to God they never stop making the structured bags. The reason I love Chanel is because it looks so neat and tidy and classy.

If I want a flappy, saggy bag, I'll get a Balenciaga. At least it looks like it's SUPPOSED to be saggy.

A saggy Chanel classic bag often looks uncared for, like someone sat on it.

Just my opinion.

Jonesy

I don't think all the S/S '09 is like this. I just did a search on eBay and found a lot of jumbos (allegedly) from this season, according to the sellers. They look really normal.

Perhaps it's only the seasonal colors, like this new red-orange that I mentioned in my previous post.

I hope to God they never stop making the structured bags. The reason I love Chanel is because it looks so neat and tidy and classy.

If I want a flappy, saggy bag, I'll get a Balenciaga. At least it looks like it's SUPPOSED to be saggy.

A saggy Chanel classic bag often looks uncared for, like someone sat on it.

Just my opinion.

Jonesy

Thats how i feel about these new bags as well. I just started purchased my first in November and i'm hoping they don't stop making structured ones cause that will mean my collection won't get too far lol. I guess it means i better start buying now!

Is the new light beige with gold hardware with the structured caviar?? This is the only bag I've purchased from spring 09 and I can't tell the difference.

I really hope Chanel goes back to using the structured caviar... the saggyness is not attractive.

Is the new light beige with gold hardware with the structured caviar?? This is the only bag I've purchased from spring 09 and I can't tell the difference.

I really hope Chanel goes back to using the structured caviar... the saggyness is not attractive.

I have no idea about the light beige. Post pics. If you can't tell the difference, it's probably the same old caviar. Like I said, I saw a bunch on eBay and they all don't look saggy. It could depend on color perhaps, or maybe just the bag you receive and the grain of the leather? No clue.

In December, I was replacing my old black caviar w/ GW jumbo classic with a new one. The first one I got was soft and smooshy -- totally different than my old one of the same model. In fact I posted about my dismay here.

I returned it and was able to get my hands on a brand-new "just-off-the-boat" black caviar w/ GW jumbo in NYC -- and luckily, it was one of the more structured ones like my old one.

I am so confused about who's smooshy, who's got wings, etc.

I am starting to believe that "secretly made in China" Chanel post more and more!!

Hugs,
Jonesy

Thats how i feel about these new bags as well. I just started purchased my first in November and i'm hoping they don't stop making structured ones cause that will mean my collection won't get too far lol. I guess it means i better start buying now!

You know, the way I have gotten older-style Chanel bags that I have wanted is buying from the less-trafficked boutiques, like the one in Boston. I actually got a bag there in the fall, a jumbo, though it was actually made three years ago, according to the the sticker number inside the bag.

It appears it was sitting in the back room, all boxed up for three years. But I love it. The quality of it compared to today's bags is amazing.

Hugs,
Jonesy

You know, the way I have gotten older-style Chanel bags that I have wanted is buying from the less-trafficked boutiques, like the one in Boston. I actually got a bag there in the fall, a jumbo, though it was actually made three years ago, according to the the sticker number inside the bag.

It appears it was sitting in the back room, all boxed up for three years. But I love it. The quality of it compared to today's bags is amazing.

Hugs,
Jonesy

The bags from '09 cruise line are very structured, while the S/S '09 line is soft. So it depends on which one you get.

As for the decreasing of the quality, it has more to do with the Chanel's quality control than where they were made.