Is the Mia or Sophia Embossed hard to clean??

heatherfug8

Nov 8, 2008
I really, really want a light, shimmery pearl style. I have my heart set on the Sophia Champagne 15922 or the Mia embossed in putty. They are soooo beautiful. The only thing I'm concerned about is that I have two little boys and I would have a heart attack if something were to happen to it. Does anyone have any experience with either of these?? The Mia looks slick, almost patent like, so can it just be wiped off? I don't know...... I need help!! Here's what I'm talking about for reference: (hope i'm adding these right...)

s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/15922_gdxh_a0?$browse_thumbnail$

bag-l.gatag.net/image/201008300900.jpg

Last edited:
^^The embossed champagne is SUPER delicate. As far as I know, you can't clean it at all. I had the shoulder bag in this and returned it. My SA said that rain and even oils from your fingers can ruin it.

Yes, I would think these are easily soiled and hard to clean. I have one bag in this leather and I love it, but I only use it for special occasions. I'm very drawn to bags with this sparkly leather, but I won't buy any more because I know it's just a matter of time before they get soiled/stained.

i have the mia embossed tote in the shimmery putty and it is extremely delicate. i carried it for one week and it is super dirty on the corners already. kind of regret not getting the black embossed instead, but this one was just too pretty...

That's what I was afraid of!! But it is sooooooo beautiful!! Ugh. What to do?? I think I'm leaning toward the alexandra in champagne. I'm hoping that style is more usable. Thank you ladies for your input. You saved me some $$$!!7