is the metallic edge city bag actually metallic?

llliiizzzyy

Oct 2, 2015
i am interested in purchasing a balenciaga bag, but i am confused about the whole "metallic" thing. the balenciaga website says that the edges on the hardware are metallic, but i just don't understand what it means by metallic.

i am interested in purchasing a balenciaga bag, but i am confused about the whole "metallic" thing. the balenciaga website says that the edges on the hardware are metallic, but i just don't understand what it means by metallic.

The metal edged bags are relatively new to Balenciaga. If you look at the classic bags they have studs and buckles but no metal edge trim around the hardware. It's just a name to differentiate the two styles. If you look at the newest style it's being called metal plate, as the buckle and stud combination has been replaced with a silver or gold metal plate. Here are some examples if the classic, metal edge and metal plate. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_6479.JPG
    IMG_6479.JPG
    586.9 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_6616.JPG
    IMG_6616.JPG
    496.4 KB · Views: 686
There's nothing metallic in the normal sense, which is an applied metal-like finish with some variation in the color achieved. These bags are simply metal-trimmed around their edges, and the leather is solid-color goat leather.

Reactions: Mayfly285
The metal edged bags are relatively new to Balenciaga. If you look at the classic bags they have studs and buckles but no metal edge trim around the hardware. It's just a name to differentiate the two styles. If you look at the newest style it's being called metal plate, as the buckle and stud combination has been replaced with a silver or gold metal plate. Here are some examples if the classic, metal edge and metal plate. Hope this helps!
oh thank you! i get it now.