is the metallic edge city bag actually metallic?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i am interested in purchasing a balenciaga bag, but i am confused about the whole "metallic" thing. the balenciaga website says that the edges on the hardware are metallic, but i just don't understand what it means by metallic.

2. The metal edged bags are relatively new to Balenciaga. If you look at the classic bags they have studs and buckles but no metal edge trim around the hardware. It's just a name to differentiate the two styles. If you look at the newest style it's being called metal plate, as the buckle and stud combination has been replaced with a silver or gold metal plate. Here are some examples if the classic, metal edge and metal plate. Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

3. There's nothing metallic in the normal sense, which is an applied metal-like finish with some variation in the color achieved. These bags are simply metal-trimmed around their edges, and the leather is solid-color goat leather.

Mayfly285 likes this.
  4. oh thank you! i get it now.

5. My pleasure, glad it helped!

6. Totally had the same question, thank you!

muchstuff likes this.
  7. I'm thinking of buying a ME too, can someone tell me if the metallic edges will rub off after use? What are they exactly plated with? Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice