Is the MC Speedy no longer fashionable?

i agree with everyone! I have two mc bags, alma in white and speedy 30 in black, they are both beautiful and i enjoy using them! I always get tons of compliments! however the canvas bags are most classic but you cant go wrong with any LV bag in my eyes! They are all winners!!!

What does your gut tell you?

I do agree that Manhattan is more classic but you are young so the MC Speedy would look adorable on you and probably suit you better.

I'm not a huge fan of MC - where I live, there are SO many fakes...I'm just over it. But what I think isn't what matters.

If you love it, if you put it on and it makes you feel wonderful, if it fits all the stuff you need it to, if it's cheery and happy to look at...THAT is the important thing. You have to go with your heart.

I agree with all the other girls... follow your heart and your gut feelings and FOR SURE you will not regret your purchase!

One thing with the MC speedy... make sure you try it on for awhile (if possible) at the store... it's a LOT heavier than the regular speedy 30 so make sure you're willing to lug it around with you since you can't really sling it over your shoulder!

If you end up getting it, please share your experiences with it and pics! The MC speedy 30 is actually on my list, but I've been hemming and hawing over it because of the weight issue... THAT and there's a few other bags that have my attention and it's a difficult choice trying to figure out the order in which to buy!!

I agree with all the TPF members here. Get what you like, your going to be the one to carry it not us. Personally I think the MC speedy is cute and happy. Yeah it is kind of heavy, but when you look at it you cant help but smile. Plus with all those colors you can never go wrong with what you are wearing. It matches everything! Also I think the Manhattan is a more mature looking bag. So which ever one you get just remembe to post some pictures!!! We all would like to see what you choose.:yes: :tender: :girlsigh:

Yes, I agree with all the PFers said. I just got a white MC speedy and everytime I look at it, it makes me feel SOOO happy. To me, it is a bag that gives you a happy mood :smile:
Just like fashion_junky said, it is a "classic" bag for MC line. It also makes you feel young and fashionable! :lol:
I know that you've been wanting a white MC speedy, so just go with your heart or what you like the most. The Manhattan GM is a beautiful bag, too, but I personally like the cheeryful white MC speedy better.
I was't so crazy about MC speedy at first, but after seeing it in real life, I just fall in love with it despite how heavy it is!!

It cant be said enough:
Buy what you love and not what others tell you are in.

I saw the MC Speedy in person and fell absolutely in love with it. So my vote is go for it!

simplyprincess said:
I agree with all the TPF members here. Get what you like, your going to be the one to carry it not us. Personally I think the MC speedy is cute and happy. Yeah it is kind of heavy, but when you look at it you cant help but smile. Plus with all those colors you can never go wrong with what you are wearing. It matches everything! Also I think the Manhattan is a more mature looking bag. So which ever one you get just remembe to post some pictures!!! We all would like to see what you choose.:yes: :tender: :girlsigh:

Absolutely, hands down, get what YOU want :wlae: . And besides, how could anything LV possibly not be fashionable?

I agree with simplyprincess...the MC line makes me smile so big...love happy and bright colors :love: .

CEC.LV4eva said:
hehe! You guys are great! ya...I won't listen to ppl in the Hermes subforum now...lol...in fact, I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon cuz I'm frankly quite intimidated there....***I'm just a lil girl who likes pretty multi-colours*** lol
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: OOh, please don't be intimidated! We don't bite and we'd love to have you around! :flowers: :flowers:
I'm a true Hermes-whore but also love and appreciate LV.
Of your two choices, I prefer the Manhattan. Saw one the other day and it made such a statement. It really has presence!!

I don't think the MC speedy is outdated. I do, however, think that the white MC bags are seasonal - more for summer/spring - that is unless you live somewhere where it's sunny all year. I live in the northeast and a white MC bag just wouldn't go with the dark winter clothing.
Just something to consider. If you buy it now you'd use it for a while and maybe put it away until spring. The Manhattan can be used any season.

I agree with the others though, that if this is your dream bag, get what you like and don't let other people's opinions about the MC influence you.

I don't own a MC Speedy and thought I didn't really care for them until I saw one in person and checked out the inside. It is an amazingly well made and beautifully detailed bag. They have very high resale value and you'll always be able to get most of your money back if you get tired of it and decide to sell.