Is the LOVE bag still going strong?

jelly-baby

O.G.
Feb 2, 2009
So I have just ordered a medium Love bag. I really want a Chanel Boy but can‘t (don’t want to) spend that much on a bag so I’ve been looking at alternatives that are not fakes! The RM Love bag seems the closest in style and I know it was really popular in recent years so, when I decided to buy this time, I expected to have a lot of choice but have found availability really limited (I’m in the UK). Is it just not as popular now?

This is the one I’ve ordered:
531A9892-E812-4AC1-AA80-957D93B6579C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shelby33
That is exactly why I bought a Love too. At the time I didn't know RM, because the brand is not a household name where I live. Every influencer at the time was gushing about the grey Chanels. I've found a grey love for 50% off and that was it.

The versatility of the chain, the size, the leather, the pockets, I love everything about it. And as many other forum members I also bought more. Every girl needs a black bag. And I couldn't resist fig, it really is the most perfect mutet pink ever.

I also love that this not a complete dupe and it doesn't feel like I'm a target when I wear it. That is also why I'm still on the fence about Chanel. I really do not want to pay so much for a bag that I'm afraid to use. If you ever find an quilted inspired bag, other than the obvious ones like Mulberry or Kurt Geiger, let me know.

That is exactly why I bought a Love too. At the time I didn't know RM, because the brand is not a household name where I live. Every influencer at the time was gushing about the grey Chanels. I've found a grey love for 50% off and that was it.

The versatility of the chain, the size, the leather, the pockets, I love everything about it. And as many other forum members I also bought more. Every girl needs a black bag. And I couldn't resist fig, it really is the most perfect mutet pink ever.

I also love that this not a complete dupe and it doesn't feel like I'm a target when I wear it. That is also why I'm still on the fence about Chanel. I really do not want to pay so much for a bag that I'm afraid to use. If you ever find an quilted inspired bag, other than the obvious ones like Mulberry or Kurt Geiger, let me know.

You’re spot on. And mentioning being a target - this is something I definitely have to take into consideration when I go out. I love RM’s love line and really all of her quilted bags which I’ve always been very happy with. The quality is amazing and they’re just nice bags that aren’t trying to be something they’re not. As to colors, she really does an beautiful job.

You’re spot on. And mentioning being a target - this is something I definitely have to take into consideration when I go out. I love RM’s love line and really all of her quilted bags which I’ve always been very happy with. The quality is amazing and they’re just nice bags that aren’t trying to be something they’re not. As to colors, she really does an beautiful job.
The cf's were thousands even decades ago but now they are so pricey. And it's not that I don't think it's worth the money but whenever I see a Chanel bag, I do have a habit to look around. People do notice and most of the time it's not an adoring look. I don't want to bet on the fact that because I don't look the part, people would assume it's fake. Nevertheless, I'm still a bit jealous that you have an actual Chanel. I didn't gave up my dream completely.

Reactions: jelly-baby
Apologies on the confusion I caused. I do not have one. When I mentioned taking being targeted into consideration it wasn’t because I have a Chanel. That’s been a consideration factor when I’ve thought about buying one, but also overall when I carry a pricier and/or recognizable designer bag in general. I’ve been robbed before, so it’s a heightened paranoia I have.

Reactions: jelly-baby and Egel
Apologies on the confusion I caused. I do not have one. When I mentioned taking being targeted into consideration it wasn’t because I have a Chanel. That’s been a consideration factor when I’ve thought about buying one, but also overall when I carry a pricier and/or recognizable designer bag in general. I’ve been robbed before, so it’s a heightened paranoia I have.
I think the issue is indeed not only Chanel related. I think my mind went haywire because it's still my dream bag. It is terrible to hear that you've been robbed. Can image that it's not something you shake off easily. I do hope you are okay now?

The thing with wearing designer items is that most of the time people's lives are very accommodating. For example my aunt can carefree wear it while never taking public transport and being accompanied by my uncle. My niece lives the city life and takes it to brunch. But can I pull it off living in the outskirts of nowhere?

Tthe price tag is so hefty that these things do need to be considered. And not just that, money does not grow on trees and for the price of a medium flap nowadays I can buy roughly 22 RM's. That is more than a complete collection. Every one of those bags could make me perfectly happy. It would be way more versatile. And wearing them would be more carefree. But even after all this, I'm still considering a cf. I need a cheaper hobby :lol:

You made a ton of valid points here - cost effectiveness is what has ultimately kept me from pulling the trigger. I just cannot justify it given my lifestyle. They’re beautiful and I adore them, but something in my brain says “no”.

I was robbed many years ago, but it’s changed how I do things, etc. I also think about things like where I’m going and what I’m wearing in those places and so forth. I’m well aware that being petite makes me an easy mark to someone with ill intentions in their heart. I always try to be aware.

I never considered getting an entire collection for the coat of one - that’s an eye opening way to consider it. I’m liking this train of thought.

So I have just ordered a medium Love bag. I really want a Chanel Boy but can‘t (don’t want to) spend that much on a bag so I’ve been looking at alternatives that are not fakes! The RM Love bag seems the closest in style and I know it was really popular in recent years so, when I decided to buy this time, I expected to have a lot of choice but have found availability really limited (I’m in the UK). Is it just not as popular now?

This is the one I’ve ordered:
View attachment 4900666
I just purchased my first medium-sized Love bag a couple of weeks ago. Like many of us I kind of wanted a Chanel, but refuse to spend that much money on a purse and I don't have the energy to hunt down an auth pre-owned at a reasonable price. Honestly this bag was everything I was hoping it would be, I AM IN LOVE with the Love :heart: :heart:. The lambskin is so buttery and lovely, the quilting is incredible, and the bag itself is the perfect size for both shoulder and crossbody wear. Construction-wise, it's way nicer than the Coach Parker bag. I got my Love in dark cherry with black hardware, matches my 'urban' aesthetic very nicely. In my bag storage I have 2 sets of bags, 1 set is my luxury stuff and the other my high-end contemporary stuff (only Coach and RM, haven't been interested in other designers at this point) unlike luxury items, the contemporary goes everywhere without raising eyebrows, copping attitude or getting the side eye. After the Holidays are over I'm planning on starting job hunting, I definitely won't be bringing any LV, Goyard etc. to the interviews... this bag OTOH is just perfectly at home in any situation, can be dressed up or down just like a Chanel Boy! FWIW the small Love bag is wayyyy too small... I bought one at her sample sale a couple of months ago and was disappointed. It's super cute but you can barely fit anything in it, I can't even imagine how small the Love micro bag is...