Is the love and Juc overrated

umamanikam

O.G.
Aug 14, 2006
I have been seeing so many of these fakes around that slowly am losing my interest in buying them .Anyone feel the same .Unless you ask someone to take it off ,you never know if it's the real deal or another inspired.

I don’t let what other people wear dictate what I love. If I did, I could say the same thing about having blonde hair or a luxury car. Brown is the most common eye color, but that doesn’t make it any less beautiful. I’m just playing devil’s advocate here. Personally, I don’t see the Love IRL all that much anyways. But that’s just me.

I hardly see any Cartier IRL apart from when I am visiting big cities, but even then, I only see Cartier in upscale shopping centres. I think social media has distorted a lot of people's perceptions on how common things are, because I used to think this way too, then I started thinking that I hardly ever see Cartier (real or fake) IRL at all.

I do agree that everyone on Instagram seems to have a stack of Cartier bracelets though.

Nope, it’s a classic and I personally don’t care if anyone else is wearing it fake or not. I wear my jewellery to make myself happy and to one day collect three love/JUC bracelets to hand down to each of my three daughters.

Don’t get me wrong, I love social media and often go on Instagram or Pinterest to help me outfit ideas or stacking ideas but I still dress how I feel suits me and my style.

I think overrated and over-saturated are two different things. I don’t think the love bracelet is overrated. Personally I think it is worth the hype. It makes me smile every time I look at it. Sometimes I even catch myself staring lol. So to me I don’t think it is overrated but that it warrants the high regard people place on it.

Now in terms of it feeling over-saturated and seemingly everywhere, I don’t think that’s the case in real life. At least not for me personally. The only people I know who have a love bracelet and/or a juc is my immediate family. Which i love because it makes it feel like a family thing. But I haven’t seen one on anyone around where I live. And I’ve only ran into one person who even knew what it was.

But with that being said, I think if you worry about whether or not other people have the same thing, then it’s probably not for you. To me these bracelets become such a part of you after wearing them 24/7 that I personally would not care if they because as ubiquitous as a white T shirt. I bought it because of the meaning behind it and how it makes me feel. Not as a status symbol or something to differentiate me from anyone else.

To put it plain simple anyone who ask herself this question should not buy. :smartass:

In respect to fakes: Cartier seems to be popular otherwise there wouldn't be any. :biggrin:
I dont mean on insta or celebrities. I mean so many fakes and inspired are there that i feel maybe people think i am wearing a fake. I plan to get either one when i fly next month at the airport.