Is the large sabrina too bulky?

Dec 14, 2008
I don't have a sabrina though I have tried them on a lot. The small is definitely too small, but the large seems like a suitcase. I am 5'2". I love the ginger color sabrina, but I'm afraid I will feel like the bag is too big for me. What do those of you that have the large think about the bulkiness, esp. when carried on your shoulder? And, I have some read some posts where owners say the zipper hits their hand when they reach into the bag. How about that? Thanks!

I'm 5'3 and I have a large cherry Sabrina. I don't find it to be too bulky, but I prefer larger bags. I sometimes carry it on my shoulder, but, for the most part, use it as a satchel. I think it's a flattering style/size, and the interior is able to handle all of my necessities!

I'm 5'6" and find the large Sabrina to be perfect - but I also wear (at least) 3" heels daily, so I guess I look at least 5'9" when I'm wearing these things. I tried the small Sabrina in a store and looked like I was carrying a 6 year-old's purse! Plus it was definitely too small for my daily things - maybe on a weekend I could use it, but not for work. And I need my bags to be multi-functional :biggrin:

I'm 5'6" and find the large Sabrina to be perfect - but I also wear (at least) 3" heels daily, so I guess I look at least 5'9" when I'm wearing these things. I tried the small Sabrina in a store and looked like I was carrying a 6 year-old's purse! Plus it was definitely too small for my daily things - maybe on a weekend I could use it, but not for work. And I need my bags to be multi-functional :biggrin:
LMAO... this is the EXACT same way I feel too when I tried on the small... I wear about 4" heels everyday so I know what you mean! ;)

I have both the large and small sabrinas and although I love the look of the small, I find that the large really works better for me in that it is easier to reach into and does hold more (although the small is deceptively roomy). I am 5'4'' and really don't feel the "luggage" issue as I have with other bags. I never wear my sabrinas on the shoulder as I feel it distorts the look of the bag...I prefer to carry her in the crook of my arm and am really pleased with all of the ones I have:biggrin: If your main concern is the issue of proportion, try both bags (filled with what you'd normally carry) at the store and see which one has the better connect with your body and go with your gut instinct. Good luck with your decision!

I give you ladies props for where 3" & 4" heels. I could never do that on a daily basis. However, I was blessed to be 5"10 so height I don't have to worry about. Shoe size is a WHOLE other story though...lol

I am the shortest in this thread (yet). I am 5' ish and I liked the large rather than the small. I thought the small was too small for me and I am pretty petite. I have modeling pictures somewhere for size reference if you are interested. I think the large is a great size.

I'm 5'2" too and I tried the large and thought it looked like I was carrying a duffel bag, JMHO.

^^ I carried my large blue IKAT to my brothers house on Friday night and set it in the corner of the living room. After dinner we were all lounging around and he was stretched out on the floor - he looked over and said "Whose duffle bag is that?" They have 4 kids in grade schoool/middle school and he said he thought one of the kids got a new bag that he hadn't seen yet. Needless to say, it was very funny - but maybe you had to be there?! :P

Oh, and I am 6' so I can't help with the size issue. It's large all the way for me!