Is the large Noe heavy?

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
I couldn't find the answer I was looking for in other posts... I fell in love with the large Noe a few weeks ago when I saw a woman carrying one at work- it looked so elegant hanging from her shoulder , with a gorgeous honey patina (plus she was French and spoke with an awesome French accent:biggrin:)
I know the petite Noe is too small for me but is the large mono noe heavy due to its vachetta base? I don't like heavy bags. I have the BH and Speedies-- so lightweight!
I think the Epi line would be heavier, right?

howardu09

Give & Receive
O.G.
Feb 14, 2008
Not heavy at all. I bought large epi noe for my mom and its very light when empty. I don't think you'll have any problems carrying it since the hardware is minimal.

It is nowhere near as heavy as some smaller bags- Hudson PM comes to mind. Its a smaller bag but was very heavy with the thick canvas and heavy brass HW.

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
I'm so glad it's not heavy! I really love the look of the Noe and I think I want it more than the Galliera (which is on my wishlist, too). I can use it five years from now and it won't look dated! I guess that's why I have the BH, Speedies, Alma :biggrin: (Not to say I wouldn't mind a few LE's here and there.....:graucho:)
Does anyone who has one use it as a day to day bag or more for travel, carrying a ton of stuff? I really like the fact that it's a shoulder bag which I would use for work or shopping, etc. Do you use it as a "go-to" bag? That's what I want - a "go-to" bag but a shoulder bag (as opposed to my go-to hand-held Speedies!!)
TIA for all opinions!!!!!

MsFrida

O.G.
May 13, 2008
^ I use mine as an every-day bag. I took my vaccine (swine flu) today and I was so happy I chose the noé: I had my pochette in it (with my wallet, keys, ipods etc), my diabetes thingys, an umbrella, gloves, a scarf - and get this - my wool jacket!! I had all hands free to fill out the form etc. It wasn't even unbearably heavy! I swear, I'm so happy I got this bag, don't know why I've waited so long...