Is the la Mer Hand Cream Worth the Price?

Valeriee

O.G.
Jul 6, 2011
I have many hand creams in my collection. About two years ago I started experiencing dryness after having cleaned my stainless steel kitchen set with a very acidic solution. My hands haven't been the same ever since. Most of the creams are great but they don't give me long lasting relief. On Monday, I suffered terribly dry skin and a lot of cracking and pain. After work I stopped at Nordstrom and tried on some La Mer hand cream. The relief was quite instant. I'm not sure though whether this will be a long-term thing. Looking back on the creams that I currently own, all of them are ones that I would consider as being effective (l'Occitane, Caudalie, Kiehl's, Josie Maran, etc.), but perhaps not in my current state. Can I expect any extraordinary results with the La Mer hand cream, or will it only be $100 spent on yet another hand cream?

I have many hand creams in my collection. About two years ago I started experiencing dryness after having cleaned my stainless steel kitchen set with a very acidic solution. My hands haven't been the same ever since. Most of the creams are great but they don't give me long lasting relief. On Monday, I suffered terribly dry skin and a lot of cracking and pain. After work I stopped at Nordstrom and tried on some La Mer hand cream. The relief was quite instant. I'm not sure though whether this will be a long-term thing. Looking back on the creams that I currently own, all of them are ones that I would consider as being effective (l'Occitane, Caudalie, Kiehl's, Josie Maran, etc.), but perhaps not in my current state. Can I expect any extraordinary results with the La Mer hand cream, or will it only be $100 spent on yet another hand cream?
No, i don't think it will help. You should see a dermatologist. Or rather try Eucerine treatment (nor the hand cream). It will help more than those dept store overpriced creams. Hope you will find relief soon!

Hi! I have very dry hands, could be due to the constant and compulsive hand washing! :smile: I tried the La Mer hand lotion, I hated the smell and I found it to be quite greasy...

In my search for a hand lotion that would help I now have a large collection of hand creams, I have even used some face creams on my hands, but the best one to date is the Kiehls hand lotion, here is a picture in case you would like to try it.

If you don't want to purchase the full size tube, you may be able to ask for a sample to try before you buy. Kiehls is very generous with their samples so I don't see a problem.

Attachments

• Kiehls.jpg
    Kiehls.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 538
I love the La Mer hand cream, but if you have chemical irritation I'd ask a dermatologist and/or try something like Neutrogena Norwegian Formula that's made for working fishermen.
La Mer feels great and the tube is nice looking - I recommend as a daily hand cream if you can swallow an $85 cream - but I don't know if it can solve long term issues.

Reactions: prepster
I received a sample and I LOVE IT! I bought 2 of them. One for home and one for work. I also found a great seller on Ebay and purchased several of the 1 ounce samples for my purse.

Hi! I have very dry hands, could be due to the constant and compulsive hand washing! :smile: I tried the La Mer hand lotion, I hated the smell and I found it to be quite greasy...

In my search for a hand lotion that would help I now have a large collection of hand creams, I have even used some face creams on my hands, but the best one to date is the Kiehls hand lotion, here is a picture in case you would like to try it.

If you don't want to purchase the full size tube, you may be able to ask for a sample to try before you buy. Kiehls is very generous with their samples so I don't see a problem.

You may wish to check the ingredients for parabens. I had to return Kiels lotion because of that chemical...

I have the same problem, my hands haven't been the same since I started handling strong acids in labs. Theyre rough and always dry, but when I am consistent I can get my hands to be soft again. When I do try to make them soft I usually use my loccitane shea butter hand cream and stick my hand in knitted gloves for an hour or so. I usually do this at the end of the day when I sit down to read or browse on my phone, that way wearing gloves doesnt get in the way of doing stuff. My aunt does the same thing, but she uses kitchen gloves which I don't think will be as comfortable but both seem to work the same way!

Have had the best result with Eucerin. During the day I use Complete Repair Intensive Lotion and Healing Ointment before bed. It is the ointment that does the trick and could be use during the day if you don’t mind the grease.

Reactions: ladysarah
I too have very dry hands. I agree with the recommendations on Eucerin and the Neutrogena Norwegian formula. Also, Nivea in the blue tins and Kamille Herbacin both work really nicely for me.

Reactions: ladysarah
as others posted above eucerin and NIVEA are well worth a try. clinical tests have apparently, ( can't remember where i read it ) that NIVEA is the most effective moisturiser.