Is the Gucci Soho Disco bag going out of style?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Is the Gucci Soho Disco bag going out of style? I'm thinking about getting it but I don't see it around as much anymore. What do you think?

2. Nope. It's such a plainly designed bag which is why it's so chic in its simplicity.

However, if you are the type of person who wants to be carrying the last thing that came out 5 minutes ago, the marmont or ophidia is a better choice, since they are obviously newer styles.

3. I totally agree - I wanted to make sure it's a classic and not just a trend before I took the plunge! Thank you!

4. No. Classic piece. It’s just the marmont is all over social media right now.

5. Not in my house.

veevee1, Sonmi999, snibor and 2 others like this.
  6. It’s a classic piece. It’s been around for too long to be considered a “trend”. IMO it’s a staple piece in the majority of people’s collections.

I see it quite a lot. I don’t see the circular Gucci soho chain bag anymore though :-s

snibor, Sonmi999 and rashmid like this.
  7. Here to stay or no?

8. You already have a thread on this. I answered there.

9. I know, sorry! I'm trying to figure out how to delete this

10. No worries. A mod will likely delete it. Hope you get the bag!

11. Just bought one so not going out of style IMO.

rashmid, snibor and papertiger like this.
  12. You don't need to delete anything.

You still have 3 threads open basically all about whether or not the Soho Disco and/or Marmont is here to stay.

No one can tell you because we don't know.

Gucci is not like LV or Hermes in that no bags hang around forever and ever like the Speedy or Kelly.

Gucci launches a bag > bag gets popular > bag gets very popular > bag sells less > bag goes to outlets, in which case a model may be available years
    OR
    launch > sells less than hoped > goes to outlet, in which case a model will be discontinued within a season.

After a while Gucci often relaunch popular bags but it's no guaranteed and it may not be exactly the same.

The Soho Disco has been around for many years. I think it was such a hit because it's both stealth and brazen, small but holds lots, has lots of great variations and is classic simple styling in great leather.

The Marmont has been around for a couple of years, also looks classic, a little more hardware and therefore more conspicuous.

Both have been and are still very popular. Both will be discontinued at some point.

You will have decide on which one you actually like better and will work for you.

13. Hi everyone!
    I need some suggestions about the Gucci Soho Disco Bag. What do you think about it?
    Do you think that is a worth purchase in 2019? even if it's a quite old bag?
    I'm a little bit undecided because I don't want to buy a bag that it's dated yet!
    I don't know what to do, also because I've always been a Louis Vuitton addicted!
    Thank you for your help!!

14. I have 2. One is slightly newer and one several years old. Great bag.

15. I vote yes because I purchased on in June 2019 and it’s been in heavy rotation.

littleboss likes this.