Is the GST tote the same size as the vintage ligne tote?

Twinklette

Over*the*Rainbow
Feb 22, 2006
from the measurements I think it appears the same but maybe the vintage ligne appears larger due to the puffiness? Wondering if the vintage ligne might overwhelme me in size as I"m only 5 feet....any thoughts, thanks! :nuts:

same maybe, but different! LOL!
The VT is squishier, so it doesn't feel as big on to me.
The GST is so structured it is always the measurement you measured, no slouching or flattening really.
Does this make sense?
To me, the GST feels bigger on and looks bigger to me when I try it on.

I'm about 5'2" and a size 6, here's photos of me wearing each, you can compare side by side {don't know why I didn't think of this before! LOL!:P }

Attachments

• DSCF1335.jpg
    DSCF1335.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF2537.jpg
    DSCF2537.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 117
Swanky that's SO helpful. I like the vintage ligne tote much better. I can't thank you enough for those pics, and you explained it great too, the differences :smile:

Twinklette, I know you would find the GST too big and structured for your stature. I am 5'2" and sometimes find it awkward to carry. Plus, it is too close in looks to your vintage NR bag!

Swanky what's the petit? I'm eyeing a VL in dark brown (she said it's the color of chocolate) - I want to make sure it isn't the tobacco color as I'm not fond of that one. What draws me to the VL is it looks so yummy and squishy! Like a pillow :smile: Do you think brown will go with a lot?

I LOVE that color brown! I chose the white over the tobacco color as well.
There's a smaller version of the GST called a Petit Shopping Tote. Looks the same but is considerably smaller.
I prefer the uber-softness of the Vintage Ligne though personally, although I am still coveting at least one GST.