Is the gauffre too trendy, other option is Bal? Please help!

catcat

O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
What do you think is the Prada gauffre line to trendy in comparison to the Bal motoline.
I have a prada gauffre in lightbrown put aside for me. I was looking for a nice springbag this one is light brown/corn (actually looks like my hair and I am blond).
It's really pretty but I am wondering if it's "too much" will look quickly outdated etc...
My other option would be another Bal part-time in RH or SGH in sahara or sienna.

This was maybe discussed before but since "search" is off and I need to make up my mind quickly I hope you can help me out.

Please help my deadline is tonight european time.

Here's my 2 cents Cat - I get tons of compliments on the gaufre messenger I have...I don't think the style is going anywhere soon. It definitely turns heads. Now, I LOVE B-bags also, and the sahara is a nice color but it won't stand out like a gaufre will even w/ SGH. I wouldn't buy multiple gaufres like I would w/ b-bags though, one is enough. Keep in mind the b-bag is probably a lot lighter to carry than the gaufre if that matters to you. You can't go wrong w/ whatever you decide. I also tend not to give a rat's a** if it's in or out, b/c if I like it that's all that matters.

Here's my 2 cents Cat - I get tons of compliments on the gaufre messenger I have...I don't think the style is going anywhere soon. It definitely turns heads. Now, I LOVE B-bags also, and the sahara is a nice color but it won't stand out like a gaufre will even w/ SGH. I wouldn't buy multiple gaufres like I would w/ b-bags though, one is enough. Keep in mind the b-bag is probably a lot lighter to carry than the gaufre if that matters to you. You can't go wrong w/ whatever you decide. I also tend not to give a rat's a** if it's in or out, b/c if I like it that's all that matters.

Thnks shu no this is exactly what I am struggling with. I dress rather "sober" , lot of black,brown, gray in winter. Beige, white, light gray ... in summer very few bright colors etc...
It took me a while to like the GH but now I like the SGH still not a fan of the GGH.
I have bought a lot of bags that I later on sold because they just weren't me and lost quite a bid of money.

Now weight is not an issue I still love my paddy even if I havn't carried it for ages.
But even if I would like to be unmoved by fashion the trend thing does bother me.

Here are a couple modelling shots so you can get an idea how I dress.
Thanks for being my fashioadvisers.:tup:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010146.jpg
    P1010146.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 181
  • P1000645.jpg
    P1000645.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN4854.jpg
    DSCN4854.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN4880.jpg
    DSCN4880.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010121.jpg
    P1010121.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 188
I agree! You're a lovely woman. You will only enhance the beauty of any bag you wish to carry. Having said that, I definitely think you should get the Prada and enjoy it.

You are so pretty! Well, I'm a bbag girl with a recent love for the new Pradas. So of course I'm probably biased towards the Bal bags. I have a feeling the new giant hardware on the Bals might look trendy and out of date eventually. I tend to think the regular hardware Bals may age better as far as trends go. But if you want a different brand, a different look, the Prada may be for you. I have noticed that now that I'm expanding my taste in brands, that I like to change it up every now and again, kind of like jewelry, if you know what I mean. I am different moods for different bags on different days. I was getting bored with my 8 Bal bags in the same style (different color). Good luck and let us know which you choose!

Nice pics! I'd say I have a bit of a "sober" style, too... but I find my gauffres work so nicely with my wardrobe -- lots of suits for work and jeans and blazers/jackets on the weekend. However, i think that the gauffre line would work with just about any style and that to me is a mark of a classic piece. But the bottom line for me is always that I have to love the bag to buy it.

I'll agree -- you're gorgeous :smile: Now to the bags -- I'd be willing to bet the texture of the gaufre is what's putting you off -- you're carrying bags that are flat leather for the most part, and the ruching on a gaufre is like an eye-catcher.
I have to say, I went back and forth about the gaufres for the longest time. Had sidelined my walnut satchel for a few months, then carried it today and thought "what a lovely bag !!" I think any danger of it being too trendy went out when they brought it back in a slightly different shape this spring.
So -- the question is -- are you ok with the texture? Cuz I think that's what's hanging you up. And that's a personal choice !

I'll agree -- you're gorgeous :smile: Now to the bags -- I'd be willing to bet the texture of the gaufre is what's putting you off -- you're carrying bags that are flat leather for the most part, and the ruching on a gaufre is like an eye-catcher.
I have to say, I went back and forth about the gaufres for the longest time. Had sidelined my walnut satchel for a few months, then carried it today and thought "what a lovely bag !!" I think any danger of it being too trendy went out when they brought it back in a slightly different shape this spring.
So -- the question is -- are you ok with the texture? Cuz I think that's what's hanging you up. And that's a personal choice !

Thanks for all you great comments, jensker you helped me see what "bothered" me knowing it I went back to have another look and just coudn't walk out of the shop without it :love:!
I think the leather did it to me it's divine and the color is gorgy for sping and summer.
Ahhhh I will post pics as soon as I can today, thanks!