Is the Ecrou Bracelet too masculine?

sarachryan

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
Any views on this? I’ve never tried it on in real life and I see on insta etc it’s nearly always worn by men. Is it really a bracelet for men?
I think I would like it but can’t try it on. Would love to hear from anyone who has it

i tried it on in a boutique. it’s a cute bracelet but given the choice i personally prefer JUC or love. but if you already have love or JUC, then the ecrou is a nice choice for stacking.

also all the nuts except for the two side ones rotate and people have complained that they all migrate to one side as they wear the bracelet throughout the day.

Any views on this? I’ve never tried it on in real life and I see on insta etc it’s nearly always worn by men. Is it really a bracelet for men?
I think I would like it but can’t try it on. Would love to hear from anyone who has it
It is unisex. It’s not masculine .
I tried it on and loved it! I’m a petite and really suited me .
Highly considered purchasing as it first came out , maybe soon I will get

Not a huge fan of the ecrou personally. >__< Perhaps it will grow on me. I never understood the JUC initially, but now I love it. I don't see it around at all though, I feel like it's not super popular, which might be a plus if you'd rather not have something so recognizable.

Initially, I had thought about this piece also for my first Cartier bracelet because I wanted something different from the popular Love bracelet. Also, like you, I have never tried it on in person, but it interested me with its unique "bolts and nuts" design. However, in my mind, I always felt like it should come in a pair to look good, which could be very costly. Whereas, I feel the classic Love is substantial enough to stand on its own.

After some research, I found that some people would complain about how the bolts would all fall to one side and not really stay in place. I feel this is a BIG downside of the bracelet because that would not look balanced. Also, I started thinking it was a bit too busy and not really a fluid design....not the clean, simple lines of the Love and possibly over time, I might get bored with it.

In the end, I chose the Love for my first bracelet as I feel it is more classic and holds its longevity more than any other bracelet in Cartier’s “toolbox” (bolts & nuts - Ecrou, screws - Love, & nails - JUC).

Having said all that, I feel Cartier broke boundaries by creating bracelets that appealed to both men and women and are completely unisex.

Therefore, I don’t think the Ecrou is too masculine. I think it’s just more unconventional and bolder and a bit more abstract in my opinion, but it’s certainly a work of art.

Last edited:
Reactions: sarachryan