Is the damier speedy 30 big enough to use as a gym bag?

jaded

<3
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
Do you guys think the damier speedy 30 would be big enough to use as a gym bag?

I often go to the gym in my gym clothes and then go home to shower and all that, but I do sometimes go to work/class straight from the gym, in which case I shower and get ready there. On days like that I carry a pair of shoes, a change of clothing, flip flops (for the shower) and my toiletries (hair brush, body wash, mini shampoo and conditioner bottles, makeup, etc). I might also have to carry 2 towels (I suppose I could throw those in another bag if I had to).

Do you think the speedy 30 would be big enough to carry all of this? I'm leaning towards the 30 only because I think the damier speedy would be especially good for this use since there's no vachetta. If there were a damier speedy 35/40 I'd go for one of those.

If not, I guess my next choice would be the mono speedy 35 or 40... I just like the idea of a damier bag for the gym.

TIA! :smile:

jaded

<3
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
Darn, that's what I thought the answer might be. But hey, a girl can hope! LOL.

I'm looking at some pics right now and you're right... I don't think it'd all fit.

Okay, mono speedy 40... is it hard to keep the vachetta fairly clean? I carry my batignolles horizontal a lot right now but it's a shoulder bag so my hands don't really touch the straps too much. Also, I'm nervous about running in and out of the gym in the rain/snow.... any thoughts? :smile:

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
^in all honestly, I'd just use a regular gym bag. No need to chance ruining a perfectly good LV!

jaded

<3
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
^in all honestly, I'd just use a regular gym bag. No need to chance ruining a perfectly good LV!
Yeah, I guess that would make the most sense. LOL. That's what I've been doing for the last while since my LVs aren't big enough to use as gym bags. I've been tempted to use one of my Guccis as a gym bag but I was nervous about it getting stolen - I'd probably have to worry about that more with the LV since it'd be more distinctive (the Gucci is plain black leather).

Still, I'm kind of tempted... lol.

jaded

<3
O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
A neverfull would be a cute gym bag - if you wait a few months the damier will be here!
Thanks for the suggestion! A damier neverfull would be great!

I also just thought of the damier keepall 50. Would that be way too huge to lug to the gym? What do you guys think of the speedy 40 vs keepall 50 for a gym bag?