Is the D&B Trade-In Program in Existence?

I have lost my patience with this whole clear-out/sell process. I gave away my last Dooney bag this morning to a neighbor. I gave her 20 items, and left her a note to pay attention to the tags for prices, so she wouldn't give away something more expensive than it looked to her.

All NWT's but didn't have much luck trying to sell. For instance, I had a classic LK Bennett Boston trench coat NWT's and I listed it for $68.00 (it was $495.00). I was offered $50.00. I was hoping to get $60.00. Sadly, no sale. To alterations it goes.

Anyway, I guess I won't look into the trade-in program, since I gave the bag away and really love all the beautiful D&B bags I kept.

We talked recently, about how crazy expensive D&B bags have become in the last couple of years. I have noticed this about a few of my other go-to brands and between the "waste of money clear-out" and the high prices---I think my online shopping habit is cured.

lavenderjunkie, thank you. You are always a huge help to everyone.

I have lost my patience with this whole clear-out/sell process. I gave away my last Dooney bag this morning to a neighbor. I gave her 20 items, and left her a note to pay attention to the tags for prices, so she wouldn't give away something more expensive than it looked to her.

All NWT's but didn't have much luck trying to sell. For instance, I had a classic LK Bennett Boston trench coat NWT's and I listed it for $68.00 (it was $495.00). I was offered $50.00. I was hoping to get $60.00. Sadly, no sale. To alterations it goes.

Anyway, I guess I won't look into the trade-in program, since I gave the bag away and really love all the beautiful D&B bags I kept.

We talked recently, about how crazy expensive D&B bags have become in the last couple of years. I have noticed this about a few of my other go-to brands and between the "waste of money clear-out" and the high prices---I think my online shopping habit is cured.

lavenderjunkie, thank you. You are always a huge help to everyone.
G: even if you are not shopping for new handbags, stop by this Dooney forum just to
chat, from time to time. You are still a handbag lover. And we will miss you if you disappear.

It's me, telling the end of my very boring tale this week with selling frustrations.

It turns out the buyer was right and I was wrong. I got my sweaters back yesterday (Posh made her return the one she wanted to keep because it was a bundle). The one with the NAD was NWOT's, (I promise it was never worn) and after looking it over three times, I finally spotted the marks on the white part of the sweater. It has a 2mm nery pale yellowish spot in the sleeve seam and an off-white 3mm spot by the end of the sleeve. It took both of us three tries in different light to finally see what she was talking about.

The rules are she deserves to get her money back. I think I would have handled it differently. I had 9 sweaters to sell cheap and she is in the business of reselling for a good profit. I sold for one for $25 and she relisted for $220. If I was her, I would have played nice, found out my inventory and requested a better price on a bundle of remaining sweaters.

By the way, I looked up her policies as a seller: NO RETURNS, prices are FIRM, No offers and she received a negative on eBay for the way she treated a customer over a $180 transaction. Oh, dear.

Thank goodness this lady doesn't sell gorgeous D&B bags.

Yes, I will still be around. I love D&B quality and I hope the 12 Days sale is good this year. I haven't gotten a new bag in a year and am going to continue to add to my collection (very selectively). I may buy one bag a year and not 3-4.

G: hate to temp you..... but check out the current ILD sale.
Code HARVEST
up to 60% off + 35% off.
Lots of Alto and Florentine listed, but you need to put items
in your cart and apply discount code to see final price.

lavenderjunkie,

Thanks for the tip about the sale. I am on the hunt for the Alto Ella in the dark grey. I should have opted for the grey, but at the time I did not care for the contrasting red zipper. I purchased the Saddle because after 20 years of buying Dooney I didn't have that color. The Ella saddle is very low priced right now. I am such a loser!

lavenderjunkie,

Thanks for the tip about the sale. I am on the hunt for the Alto Ella in the dark grey. I should have opted for the grey, but at the time I did not care for the contrasting red zipper. I purchased the Saddle because after 20 years of buying Dooney I didn't have that color. The Ella saddle is very low priced right now. I am such a loser!
Alto saddle is classic. Enjoy the bag you own, and buy the dark grey one when you can find it at the right price. If you had passed on the saddle, you would have missed out and probably regretted it. Who knows how long before the dark grey one gets into your collection. Now I have to check out the Ella again.

I gave up trying to get the dark grey Ella at the sale price I wanted to pay. The only color I have seen for some time is the Saddle.

I purchased a florentine satchel in charcoal. It might be better in the long run since I have a pale grey crossbody from another brand. This way I have two different sizes, styles and depth of color.

The one I bought is kind of plain. The domed florentine satchel was $448.00 and on sale for $203.00. Seems pretty good for a Dooney these days. Since it isn't an Alto I won't need to baby it.