is the Burberry beige print boring do you think?

Booked

O.G.
May 3, 2010
I think that it has its purposes. If you're going for a refined preppy look, it's perfect! But if you're trying to go out on the town on a Friday night, it's probably not the best choice. Personally, I like it, because it fits in with my personal style.

heather123

Nov 13, 2006
I don't like most of the Burberry checks. That's because of the 'chav' association in UK, where the brand looked like it would be almost destroyed by its connection with football hooligans and other undesirables. To be honest, that fiasco was largely Burberry's own fault, for trying to widen its appeal with more affordable items. Despite all that, Burberry is a great, great brand. In my opinion, its designs are far better than Mulberry's and Burberry is a far older brand than Mulberry. I have a wonderful mauve leather Burberry satchel that is unbelievably soft. It was designed by Christopher Bailey the new creative director who was parachuted in to 'save' the brand! But that bright check that appeared on baseball caps and all sorts of accessories - never!

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
I actually really like the nova check pattern. I used to own one, but I sold it because I outgrew the size. My only problem is spending that much on pvc. The corners break down pretty fast.

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
A couple Burberry examples I found on the internet. Not mine.

BTlH9egmkKGrHgoH-DoEjlLlzR4BKJOhrsw.jpg
th_burberry_barton_hobo_bag_3201212.jpg

indiaink

O.G.
May 3, 2007
Thank you, sandc - I did some searching too and I thought that pattern might be it.

Never got in to plaid at all, except maybe for a throw or a blanket; even then, pretty iffy. Oh, wait - I do like a nice plaid on a kilt being worn by an Irishman (or Scotsman, I'm easy).

chloehandbags

ChloéClutchCollector
O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
It's OK.

Yes, used to have 'chavvy'/football hooligan associations, over here, but I think they're dying-off now (the associations, that is; not the 'chavs'/hooligans, LOL!)?

I prefer it on a fuzzy wool scarf, or something, personally.

lelliebunny

life in mon mono
Aug 4, 2010
I don't like the haymarket check, but I do like nova check a lot. :smile:. I don't think it is boring, but it isn't the most interesting. I like nova check scarves in other colors, and my nova check bag has green trim. I think that really livens it up. I think the check is classic and some people do find classic to be boring.