Is the birkin still so hard to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybay0359

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am positive that there must be numerous threads on this...but I can't seem to find them. If there is a recent one, please point me in the right direction!

Anyway, I am normally a chanel fanatic (although I only have one) but with the recent price increase of over $6000 for a flap I have been thinking...maybe I should take the leap to hermes?

But...when I used to lurke the hermes forum years ago...there seemed to be threads of how to skip the giant wait list. Is there still a wait list? Is the birkin still so hard to get?

Thanks everyone!

I think the general consensus is that everyone's Birkin quest will vary greatly. There's no wait list, per se (you can have your name down for a certain color, I believe). Some people will just walk in and ask for one and get lucky. Some people will spend lots of $$ and still not get offered one. It seems the best way is to try and find an SA that you click with and develop a relationship with them, and to show interest in the Hermes brand as a whole rather than just a Birkin obsession. It really is different for everybody, but I guess the "short" answer is that no, it is not impossible to obtain if you go about it in the right ways! I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.