Is the Belt Buckle (for H Belt Kit) Sterling Silver 925 ??

ptptpt

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
Hi all tPFers,
I've been looking but only reading from H website that these buckles are Silver and Palladium plated. My mum wanted to send her H buckle to a local jeweller to high polish it (now has so many shallow scratches on the front) then palladium plated or either Rhodium plated. But we've been told that only sterling silver 925 can be polished (they won't polish stainless steel) so i just want to make sure these buckles are made of 925 sterling silver. Any ideas?

TIA

Hi all tPFers,
I've been looking but only reading from H website that these buckles are Silver and Palladium plated. My mum wanted to send her H buckle to a local jeweller to high polish it (now has so many shallow scratches on the front) then palladium plated or either Rhodium plated. But we've been told that only sterling silver 925 can be polished (they won't polish stainless steel) so i just want to make sure these buckles are made of 925 sterling silver. Any ideas?

TIA

The only sterling silver ones, to the best of my knowledge, are the Touareg ones. Anything silver would be hallmarked with .925 and on the Hermes silver pieces I have, AG.

I believe the buckles are base metals, plated with palladium.

Last edited: