is the bbag flawed?

I may be the only one...but I don't want organizers and extra pockets in my City bag. I think it would mess up the lines of the bag and make it look bulky.

I think the interior pocket in the First and City bags was designed to fit the mirror...it fits in there perfectly and keeps it from getting scratched or sat on and broken ;o)

06_origan_city_inside_mirro.jpg

06_origan_city_inside_zip.jpg

Both of those bags have ways to tie the mirror to the bag which avoids getting caught in the top zipper unlike many of the other styles. For the City bag you tuck the mirror underneath the zipper when it's fully open and with the First it's on the opposite end where there's the gap on the top beside the leather loop that holds the ring to attach the shoulder strap which you tie the mirror to that loop of leather by coming from up inside the bag.

The strap weight-distributor a/k/a thingy is not my favorite thing, I usually move mine down to one end of the strap or wiggle it off after the bag has broken-in some. Broad shoulders can handle the thingy, but I don't have them.

I totally agree with Cheshire and Deco about the accessories theory...I carry like 4 Balenciaga items at one time...it's almost like those Russian Dolls where increasingly smaller ones are hidden inside ;o)

Plus, if you need more external pockets you can add a Planet Clip to carry little things...I like stuffing mine with candy and cough drops.

I do wish the City inside pocket was larger ... like the Twiggy inside pocket I'm sure is larger! But, like others have said, I carry a small pouch that has alot of my loose items, so it's not a problem having things get "lost" in the bag. Stuff doesn't seem to slide around too much inside for me either. Unlike my Speedy 30 where everything slides all over the place! (I ordered a Purseket for that bag).

Deco: love the color variation... and ITA agree with adding brightly colored "pockets" as CP & MU.

RDC: great analogy.. that makes more sense now... I'm gonna have to try that tonight!

I think every bag has it's pro's & con's.. I guess it's up to personal preference whether or not the bag suits your life style.

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:
or 'dain bramage' as I sometimes refer to it!
:roflmfao:
It's not a design flaw but marketing genius. They sell you the pockets separately:lol:. They're called Coin Purses and Makeup Clutches. And you can buy as many as you like in as many colors as you like that will pop inside a black hole bag :wlae:.

Kidding aside, the Coin Purse and Makeup Clutch are even better than interior pockets and compartments. Rather than take out every nick and nack from pockets and compartments to transfer to a different bag, you just transfer the Coin Purse and Makeup Clutch from bag to bag. This enables easy bag changes. I put my keys and cell phone in the outside pocket, and all the rest of my bag junk in the "portable" Coin Purse and Makeup Clutch. That's how I'm able to switch bags daily with minimal hassle and brain damage.

The only flaw i see with balenciaga is the shoulder strap. Carrying cities or twiggies by the shoulder strap distorts the shape of the bag, making it very uncomfortable to carry that way. I like carrying it by the handles, but they darken! Grrrr!

I wish i knew how to fix this problem!

It's not a design flaw but marketing genius. They sell you the pockets separately:lol:. They're called Coin Purses and Makeup Clutches. And you can buy as many as you like in as many colors as you like that will pop inside a black hole bag :wlae:.

LOLOLOL :roflmfao:

That's how I'm able to switch bags daily with minimal hassle and brain damage.
Now I know your secret! :P I have always wandered how some of you gals can be patient enough to change your bags so often. Changing mine is like a chore. :shame:

I don't have a City, but have the First and the Matelasse. I personally LOVE the black interior. To me, it's a worry-free interior. I would want the interior pocket to be a little bit bigger though, and with the Matelasse, there's not even an outside pocket to talk about, UGH!

I stick my cell phone and keys in the outside pocket of my Part Time, and I put my TomTom GPS in the inside pocket. All of my makeup sits in a separate little bag inside the bbag.

These are largely the reasons I switched from Cities to Firsts and Twiggys. The inside pocket of the Twiggy is HUGE!

In the end I think that the best solution is to have smaller bags inside to organise your little things. I'm in the midst of a brightly-coloured accessories buying spree so I can see them in the black innards of the bag. :P

That is exactly what I do! Twinsies! I'm in a frenzy buying brightly colored CPs to match the Jaune MU I have, that way everything has a bright container. :tup:

Yep, I use the "putting everything in little pouches" method, as well, although mine aren't strictly Bal, because I like to be able to ID them by feel. I love the black interior - less to stress about and easy to see bright colors against.

hmm you guys have given me great ideas! Thanks! SO the real key here is to use your inside pouch for either the mirror or a cellphone or very small objects like candies, whereas for smaller loose items use small bags or clutches...interesting!