Is the Antigona over?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I’ve always loved the Antigona and thought about getting a fun color in the mini size for the summer but is the Antigona over? I feel like it might be dated now and was a hot bag maybe 5 years ago?

2. Sunshine mama and Sparkletastic like this.
  3. JenJBS likes this.
  4. Earlier this year, I sold my mini Antigona in black and do not regret it one bit.

I have actually gone through all sizes of the Antigona over many years before deciding to move them on... Medium > Small > Mini.

I think I just fell out of love with them as time went on and in particular found the medium too big, heavy and unstructured, found the small too similar to my Birkin in terms of function, plus found it to be too boxy when carried over the shoulder and I got rid of the mini as I had too many small crossbody bags in black (and also decided to sell my Gucci Soho Disco in black around the same time). Plus the mini sits really high and strangely on your hip as a crossbody.

If you're not sure, take your time to find a bag that works for you and you won't worry about whether it will look dated.

If you want to go ahead with the Antigona, I would go either the pre-loved route or buy it heavily discounted via an online retailer, as it doesn't retain its value if you decide to sell it later.

I think the Antigona looks best in the small size.

Bag*Hound likes this.
  5. I would say the Antigona is definitely not as popular as it once was.

But it's a classic bag, in my opinion. It's sleek and elegant, even in a fun color. The mini is quite roomy for its size. If you like it, then I think you should go ahead and buy it.

6. I have the Antigona in the shiny black leather in the small, which I still love as it is really practical and the quality is excellent. IMO since its so minimalistic and simple it doesn't date too much in a neutral color or in a color you love and never get tired of.

I would have to agree with the other posters, it is definitely not a trendy piece anymore. I would recommend you get it only if you like the bag aesthetics, and don't plan on reselling.

JenJBS likes this.
  7. I just bought one, so I hope not ;)

It took me a few years to warm up to the bag but recently i’ve been obsessing over it so when I saw one on sale i ordered it (the shiny black leather in the small size). I think the bag looks timeless and modern at the same time

8. Yes

9. I like their fun colours, I say go for it if you like them - I never liked them & am much more of a Pandora wanter... then I saw the mini one that (cringe) Olivia Jade has and I actually like them.

JenJBS likes this.
  10. Not yet, but let's see.

11. No, it's not. They just released a new Soft Antigona:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. I don't think so. I carried my Black Smooth Small Antigona to a nice restaurant Thanksgiving dinner last year and my husband told me that he saw a bunch of women eyeing my bag as they passed by. The hostess even commented on it as we were leaving.

It's a crowd of LV Neverfull & Speedys where I live (Atlanta) so the Ant automatically stands out.

yenniemc, fashionista1984 and JenJBS like this.
  13. Oooo I kinda like it... that purple is gorgeous.

averagejoe likes this.
  14. I kind of like it, too. Those two long "tails" is interesting. Not sure how they relate to the original, though.

snowbubble likes this.
  15. I don't think so, it's not a trendy piece no, but people are definitely still buying them especially the mini ones. I feel like that's like saying is the Fendi Peek-A -Boo over.

Purses & Perfumes likes this.