Is the Alexa sturdy?

Hmmm. I have the regular size but at the price it costs I would not want to run the risk of damaging it by overloading it or carrying heavy things.I am not saying that I suspect it would break, it's just that to my mind it is more a 'fashion bag' than a 'workhorse bag' iykwim. I think it is more for wearing to look fabulous rather than wearing to carry your files around in. I hope that helps you a bit! It is a lovely bag and I love mine A LOT, lol xx

Edit - if you mean a reading book, i.e. a novel, then yes that would be fine. A big heavy textbook might be pushing it though! xx

Ive used my OS Ink to go to meetings and put a binder in it and documents and it was fine. I just make sure that I've closed all the closures properly when carrying handheld so that there isn't too much pressure on the small lock.

I use my regular Oak daily and don't baby is at all. The leather feels strong enough and I love the way the grain is forming from use and it's ageing well.

I've been using my OS oak alexa to my classes. I think its durable enough. I've been carrying books, stationaries, gadgets (phone, camera) and extra cardigan. The bag has 'broken in' and the leather somehow felt strong, at the same time slouches nicely..

I carried mine for 2 weeks with 2 pouches, a big purse, an A4 clear envelope with 40 papers inside, bb, perfune, gloves, keys, note book, pocket book, small purse inside....I think the ulk is fine; i would take care with wegith due to the top handle.....but as long as you are not carrying heavy text books it should be OK.

I am using my OS Alexa as a work bag too and so far, it is holding up the weight that I am putting in it... I usually carry my long wallet, coin purse, blackberry, iTouch, extrenal portable hard drive, reading novel an A4 notebook and a cardi... which all adds up to quite a bit! As tireebabe has mentioned, I make sure that I have at least one (or both) of the magnetic clasps closed.

ITA with IWantANewBag for the price you are paying, I wouldn't put anything heavy into it!