Is the 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli bag "dated?"

AshTx.1

O.G.
Nov 16, 2011
Hi everyone!

I've wanted a 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli in the past, but then I got distracted by other handbags haha. I've been considering getting one now, but do you guys think this bag has a dated look or do you consider it a classic?

If I really can't stop thinking about it, I will get it regardless of others' opinions, but I was really just curious about what you guys thought. I recently got a Gucci Sukey for my birthday and people might consider it a dated bag, but I still love it and don't mind!

So, I don’t sell my bags and I wear older designs all the time. I don’t think it looks bad to mix things from different seasons, if anything, it shows you’ve been stylish for a long time.

Reactions: AshTx.1
I suppose it all comes down to your mentality? Like you said, you won't be swayed by opinions. As long as you love it and it makes you happy to carry it, you should get it!

If we actually do consider whether or not its a "trendy" bag, then I would want to ask a few questions? What color would you want to get it in? A classic color like black might not stand out too much, but something colorful or glittery might be more eye-catching. Is this bag practical for your regular use? Are you in social circles where people care about the latest trends and will verbally point it out, or do most people you know not care about handbags at all?

I have a large pashli satchel in taupe. It was my first ever preloved purchase about 2 years ago. The leather is very durable and nobody knows what brand it is.
It's a simple bag with a flap and a clasp, I don't see how this can be dated?
You can get a really good deal on them preloved.

I still carry mine. I love it and often get compliments on it. Mostly because it’s in the small (maybe mini…I forget) and different from the usual. It fits my style so I don’t feel like I look dated.

I suppose it all comes down to your mentality? Like you said, you won't be swayed by opinions. As long as you love it and it makes you happy to carry it, you should get it!

If we actually do consider whether or not its a "trendy" bag, then I would want to ask a few questions? What color would you want to get it in? A classic color like black might not stand out too much, but something colorful or glittery might be more eye-catching. Is this bag practical for your regular use? Are you in social circles where people care about the latest trends and will verbally point it out, or do most people you know not care about handbags at all?

Thanks for this response. I appreciate your thoughts. I actually live in a very small town and my social circle does not care at all about the latest trends. I am the only handbag "freak" of my friend group haha. I would like to get a neutral color, which I do think would be less "trendy" probably. I don't go out super often, and I do travel a few times a year but for the most part I'm at home or work or at my friends' houses.

I have a large pashli satchel in taupe. It was my first ever preloved purchase about 2 years ago. The leather is very durable and nobody knows what brand it is.
It's a simple bag with a flap and a clasp, I don't see how this can be dated?
You can get a really good deal on them preloved.
I do like the look of the taupe! Is it heavy? If it is, it doesn't really bother me as my D&B Florentine satchel is heavy but I still carry it because I love it so much.

I do like the look of the taupe! Is it heavy? If it is, it doesn't really bother me as my D&B Florentine satchel is heavy but I still carry it because I love it so much.
I have to say it is quite heavy and if worn on the shoulder or crossbody, it will definitely take its toll.
I only hand carry my bags, unless it's a bumbag, so I don't feel its weight.
It's a great all purpose bag. I took it grocery shopping one time and it does fit a loaf of bread:giggle: