Is tadelakt replacing box?

mooks

May 4, 2007
I've heard SA's calling it super-box, similar to box but even better....their words not mine

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
I haven't heard but box wasn't offered for the Birkin at the podium. Looks like Box Birkin has to be a SO. It's not being replaced because there will be the new blue box in AW2009.

May 6, 2007
i didnt it is box i meant it seems like box is being sort of phased out and everything that used to be made in box is being made in tadelakt

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
i didnt it is box i meant it seems like box is being sort of phased out and everything that used to be made in box is being made in tadelakt
Don't think so. I can't think of anything Hermes that was solely made in Box and Box only. And now come only in Tadelakt.

Hermes is using Tadelakt more, it being a new skin. I can imagine the warehouse full of Tadelakt actually.

hermesmonkey

Feb 18, 2008
Unfortunately, I was told that tadelakt is only in the smaller bags like the medor, jige, etc. I hope my SA at Mad was mistaken, but he's the best of the bunch and rarely wrong. Could be quoting what Mad ordered and not reflective of worldwide availability? I dunno, I so don't need another bag anyways!!

LailaT

Bruno good boy
O.G.
Jul 14, 2008
CA
i've noticed bracelets in tadelakt too... a pretty tadelakt Kelly double tour in griolet and in etoupe. in the little skinny bits tadelakt looked like something between barenia and swift to me. but then box has surprised me too, due to patina variations i suppose. geez, i'm tired; this post doesn't sound lucid... :rolleyes::sleepy:

pursemember

May 17, 2006
Unfortunately, I was told that tadelakt is only in the smaller bags like the medor, jige, etc. I hope my SA at Mad was mistaken, but he's the best of the bunch and rarely wrong. Could be quoting what Mad ordered and not reflective of worldwide availability? I dunno, I so don't need another bag anyways!!
nope i have seen kellys and birkins in it too!

and no tadelakt does not replace box they just promote it more at the moment. plus given the rarity of box they often suggest it as a"replacement" for your box wish simply as it is easier scored if that makes sense.

Dec 21, 2007
I just SO'D a box HAC and they accepted the order. They didn't tell me that box would be called something else.