Is "Steve" a Unisex Bag?

It's a gorgeous bag and I had it on my list too...until I went to the shop and tried to lift it when empty. It's heavy! I know by the time I cram all my stuff in it, I personally would have trouble carrying it. There is no shoulder strap.

Still, I gaze at it each time they happen to have one on display!

Personally, I would send it with my husband before wearing it myself. But, I wouldn't think that it would not be useful for a woman, either. (I think I have several "double negatives" in there...hope I made sense.) :smile:

It's a gorgeous bag and I had it on my list too...until I went to the shop and tried to lift it when empty. It's heavy! I know by the time I cram all my stuff in it, I personally would have trouble carrying it. There is no shoulder strap.

I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of different versions of the Steve: one that's more like a briefcase, with no shoulder strap, and the messenger style, which does have a shoulder strap.

ken-doll:

def: unisex = for both men and women ;)

i've only seen one with the sling strap, i mean, the messenger style steve. and it was in a looooovely clemence of some colour.

i know clemence is heavy. but i looooove vintage bags and have several handmade ones made of thick leathers that are usually used to make boots (not sure what leather to call this, doc might know, but the leather is really really thick and it is commonly used without linings, i just call it boot leather..) so i am used to weighty bags. but i have to tell you, it really does hurt your shoulder/s and back in the long run (i have shoulder, neck and upper back problems now...!!)

i might try one on for fun and let you all know how i think it looks like on me. i am not a terribly feminine person (not a tomboy either though), so i might be able to get away with it.