is spending over 1K buying a chanel top a very frivolous thing to do?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. well sounds like you made great use of your budget

2. I agree with the suggestions of buying a Chanel jacket instead. To me, when picking something clothing-wise from a design-house, when you don't have the budget of a millionare, you should go for what the house is known for. If it were Gucci, buy a sexy cocktail dress. If it were Marc Jacobs, an evening dress or long tailored coat. Chanel is known for its beautiful tweed jackets and skirts- I'd say start with one of those, and if you have $ to burn later, THEN buy something like that top.

3. You made the right choice. And no offense, but I agree with other posters who say that top is nothing to write home about. I'd have trouble paying $200 for that design, let alone $1000.

4. i agree that in the pictures the top doesn't look that special, but when i tried it on yesterday, i was quite taken by it, and so was DF, it hangs really beautifully. anyways, it doesn't matter. i will not be purchasing this top, thanks all for your help. i'm sure i've made the right decision.

5. I agree with your decision not to buy it.

6. Sounds like you did good at the Holts sale!! Congrats!!! :yahoo:

7. yep, the gucci sale gets me every time. i was SOOOO disappointed that the two louboutins i wanted were both sold out of my size nationwide. anyhow, life goes on. i'm sure i will find something else to lust after.

8. you have such a nice collection of Chanel purses, I don't think the top is as special.

9. tks anonymous, my chanel collection is just starting :smile:

Okay, i did it, called my SA and told her that i will not be buying the top. boy, that was hard. but, i think i'ts the right hting to do.

10. Congrat. I think you made the right decision! I wish sometimes I have will strong power like you do.:roflmfao:

11. i dont think i would spend it on a top, perhaps a dress would justify it more.
    but then again i would freely spend $1000 on a bag he he he!

12. I didn't know how to explain my opinion but Megs found the point. I think a 1k top should be very special, with details, applications, etc something unique.
    Those tops are great but I think you can find many other tops as perfect as those from cheaper store - and why of lower quality? I'm not telling you to go to H&M but I guess you could find other stilists' great tops for less!

Also: what if the top gets ruined because of the wash or because someone pour some drink on you??? That would be scary!!! :cursing:

13. I don't even think it's the price tag that would bother me..it's weight. Do you gain it easily? Loose it easily? Cuz if so then in 10+ years will you even be able to fit this top?

14. I would spend $1K on a dress, or a coat, but not on a simple cami. I guess it depends on your finances and comfort level.

15. I love the top. Chloe makes a top similar to the one with the high neck. I saw it last season on net-a-porter, but declined for the same reasons others have stated. Congrats on your others purchases. It did look great on you.