Is ShopStarStyle legit?

I guess so! Best of luck to you!

894b77f805bd94d292574c38c5d628d5.gif
Ash

Another person here who got here with a little research. I had my suspisions as soon as I saw that it only asked for a money order/ western union / check order. As a smart and tech savy student, this is 101 of ripping off. None of these are trackable, and as soon as they cach your money its on them whether they will send you the merchandise or not.

The reviews can most likely be fake, all they have to do is google their own name and answer back to people who are asking the questions. Even in this post I have my doubts about the lady who was on the first page who claimed she got it but wants a refund or whatever, but thats paranoia overdrive.

Also, as a web designer, I was finally tipped off from their "About Us" page which was stuffed with keywords. This might not be an issue, but whenever you see keywords chuck full like that, its usually to get ranked better for the SearchEngines with those keywords. This is also a spammer technique, but it does not work any longer as most search engines have gotten wise to this.

Over all I see the whole site shady, mostly as they only take money orders and WesternUnion, you never pay with that as there is no or very little paper trail to go off of. Like I said, they can just take your money and disappear.

First time and maybe last time passer by here. My girl friend was looking at it and its good that she noticed some parts as a little weird. I have looked at it and would not get anything from them. Sadly they COULD be a legit business, but I am not taking a chance this huge on something this basic, and the chance of them being legit is pretty small. If they had a way to pay through PayPal or something, then maybe I would try them as there would be some insurance and a paper trail, but with this I might never see the item or any of my money again. Tip from someone who is VERY tech savy and who works for online stores, take it from me, really think about this. If something is too good to be true, it probably is.

As a side note, I have worked with the E-bay owned ProStores websites/merchant sites program, and it would take me a day or two to throw something up like the thing they have set up. This could also be one of those sites that just moves around with different names when they get busted too many times, and just copy over the code. At any rate, good luck and really think this through, because you will lose this gamble.

haha I almost bought a pair of Chanel Cambon Flats from that website. LUCKILY I did my research on the shoes (and of course, the website). The shoes were fake, fake, fake!! The proof was in the pictures on the website! They never have red soles, and the drawstring tie thing is supposed to be the same color as the shoe (which was pink), not the CC logo (which is black.) That alone gave it away that this website sells fake things! :tdown: But yeah. If I hadn't known that, I would probably be out a hundred dollars, since this site seems to be a fraud! They say they have a headquarters in Chicago, but some complaints say that it doesn't exist. And if it is in Chicago, why are people saying their boxes come from China??? I don't know- this whole website seems very shady and suspicious.

To everyone doing their research on this company: Regardless of some of the good comments that are said about it on other websites (which could be people who work for shopstarstyle, you never know), I'd stay far far away from this website. You'd have better luck buying authentic items (and getting a refund if neccessary) from ebay! :Partyhat:

nooooo!! stay away! I didn't even need to buy anything from this website to know that everything they are selling is FAKE FAKE FAKE! STUDY the pictures on shopstarstyle, do research on the authentic items, compare them to the pictures on shopstarstyle. Read guides on ebay. Some of them are very good at describing fakes and minor details of authentic items that the fakes always miss. Some of the items (like the Chanel Cambon shoes, which is what I was almost duped into buying from this website,) you'll KNOW it's fake. If they are selling fake Chanel shoes, what makes people think that everything else is real??? Sure, it's possible. ANYTHING is possible, but in the case of spending hundreds for something that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be authentic is a risk I wouldn't take. If you have $300 to spend on a purse, why buy a fake Hermes, when you can buy a REAL Gucci, ya know? I'm running on a tangent now...

I know this is an older post, but I know there are people TODAY with the same questions about this website that are looking through older posts. I want to spread the word and warn everyone that this website is NOT legit.

omg thank you guys for making this tread and letting us kniw . i was surprised when i saw the picture the bag looks real so i look at in about us and they never used the term authentic , than i saw the price it doesnt even said if the bag is used or new and description said "made of leather " dahhhh all authentic have to be made of leather .how come this website hasnt been shut down yet ? its the worse scam ever!