Is selling tags allowed on eBay

If they don't allow dustbags, I wouldn't imagine this would be a valid auction....

That's what I was about to say, too...

This is why it's important to use our local community of wonderful authenticators, or even hire one, such as CarolDiva.

Tags can be real on a fake bag. Receipts can be real with a fake bag. Dustbags can be real with a fake bag. Be careful, peeps!

i don't see how that is any different from selling the fobs off bags! i have seen auctions for dozens at a time! all the person would have to do is add it to a replica bag and they have another reason to call it "real".

Listing was removed...

I wouldn't mind spending a bit here and there to buy old tags, dustbags, tissues and boutique bags personally. They're great ephemera for crafts. I save all of the tags, tissues, boxes and bags from my Juicy Couture, LAMB, Kidrobot, Tokidoki, Betsey Johnson and Coach purchases for use in arts & crafts projects.

But given the problem with counterfeits, I don't think ebay is the place for it. Maybe etsy? lol. Really, its best to just get them off your purchases or the purchases of your friends and acquaintances.

Darn, I was interested to see this auction too! Sounds like people are adamant about perpetuating the knockoff bag market, unfortunately. Surely it crossed the seller's mind that this could get into the wrong hands BEFORE he/she listed it. :nono: