Is Rouge Vif back?

I LOVE Rouge VIF! I recently bought a small Rouge VIF accessory in chevre and my SA told me that large Rouge VIF pieces are hard to come by but she didn't know much more than that.

I really hope it never gets phased out - I'd be happy with Rouge VIF and Rouge H being the Hermes red staples!

authenticlux, my favorite reds are also rouge H (love your trim) and rouge vif

I will be on the look out for rouge vif accessoires --- rouge vif also looks great in chevre!!!

i know they are making VL in garance .............could it have been that?

Hmmm.. :rolleyes:This reseller (it's actually Mika's store, I believe "her" store has been the topic of previous threads)almost exclusively deals in Hermes so I think it is unlikely that they would make a mistake on the color.;)

Also based on my non-professional opinion it was a definitely a different color from rouge garance, although I must admit I have never seen a rouge garance in VL!:smile:

So, maybe it is an SO?:shrugs:

TG, the link doesn't work. Can you paste the pic? I am very curious!

hello, here is the link where they describe (in Japanese) it as a rouge vif (also as I indicated in a previous posting, I saw it IRL and it indeed was a different red than rouge garance).

http://hermesmika.blog54.fc2.com/page-1.html

hello, here is the photo
20070604150208.jpg

It looks like Rouge Garance in VL based on the photo. I've seen a swatch of RG in VL; this is another color that is a chameleon and changes with the skin. I really do not think Rouge VIF was offered in VL and would be surprised at a SO in the color, but you never know!

It looks like Rouge Garance in VL based on the photo. I've seen a swatch of RG in VL; this is another color that is a chameleon and changes with the skin. I really do not think Rouge VIF was offered in VL and would be surprised at a SO in the color, but you never know!

Orchids, I agree -- in that photo it looks more like a rouge garance. But IRL (really!:nuts:) it's a different color from rouge garance. If I can, I will swing by the store and take a photo (it's displayed in their window).

Anyhoo, on further thought, it may well be a rouge garance on VL. It would be strange for H to have two fairly close colors released at the same, particularly when rouge garance is such a new release.

I did think it was Rouge Garance in Epsom, but was too shy to say so, as I might well be wrong. Epsom has sometimes been mistaken for VL. The difference between the 2 is that VL's grains are arranged in clusters of 3 little .... uhm ... triangles, for the lack of better description.

Having seen Rouge Garance IRL in several leathers, I can confirm that it varies a lot; In fact in both VL and Epsom it looks very much like Rouge Vif, whereas in Clemence it's darker. So this bag you've seen could well be Garance. As I said earlier in this thread, at the moment Rouge Vif is offered only in Fjord and maybe Chevre.....

According to my SA, it is currently offered in Fjord and Ostrich. But in the other leathers it is "temporarily unavailable".

If I had to speculate, it sounds like it MAY still be able to be special ordered in other leathers, but it's not currently available for podium orders.

What about croc?!? Does it apply?