Is Rouge pivoine like capucine or bougainvillea?

ShyShy

O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
Can someone please enlighten me on this new red? From the limited photos I've seen it looks like capucine. I've read somewhere it's a pinker version of bougainvillea and somewhere else that it's a more orangey version of rose jaipur. If it was a pinker version of bougainvillea I'm sold! But if it was an orangey version of Rose jaipur then it's not for me... Comparison pics would be so so so appreciated! Thank you so much!

Can someone please enlighten me on this new red? From the limited photos I've seen it looks like capucine. I've read somewhere it's a pinker version of bougainvillea and somewhere else that it's a more orangey version of rose jaipur. If it was a pinker version of bougainvillea I'm sold! But if it was an orangey version of Rose jaipur then it's not for me... Comparison pics would be so so so appreciated! Thank you so much!

Here's mine with the sunlight. Let me know if you need more pic. For me the bougainvillea has some pink shade and the pivoine has orange tone :smile:

I saw it in a garden party yesterday and it looks a lot like bougainvillea to me.

Thanks BalLVLover. My SM said its like bougainvillea but without the powdery look and more gold tones... Which is so hard for me to imagine especially since I can't quite make it into the store right now... I've seen a recent garden party in bougainvillea and the red is so gorgeous. A tad rosier than the old bougainvillea, which had too much orange (well to me anyway). Regardless, I'm now pining for something red and wishing I had gotten something in bougainvillea or rouge garance so I hope this rouge won't be too orange for me!

Thanks boboxu. How does rouge pivoine compare to Rose jaipur? If you have either bougainvillea or Rose jaipur, a side by side pic would be so so so much appreciated!

i cannot give comparison photos, but i did a reveal with many photos of RP Birkin, the thread is called "dream bag in dream color". to describe it - it is not an orange version of Rose jaipur, it is less neon than RJ, a true chameleon tyat changes its color depending on lighting - it can look from coral to raspberry. More pink than bouganvillea for sure. In sum, I was looking for an intense color in reddish-corals anf was hesitating between RJ (too neon for me), bougainvillea, sanguine, but this color beats them all for me! HTH

Thanks boboxu. How does rouge pivoine compare to Rose jaipur? If you have either bougainvillea or Rose jaipur, a side by side pic would be so so so much appreciated!
I happen to have both rouge pivoine and rose jaipur, will post comparison pics when I'm home.

It's true what the others have said about rouge pivoine, while rose jaipur has a more orange tone, rouge pivoine is more on the red side. They do look similar on first glance. It's also true that rouge pivoine looks different under different lights! In a good way too - some days it looks more pink and on other days it looks more red - very interesting.

Overall it is a very beautiful shade of red (definitely one of my favourite reds in the H red family) and can't go wrong since it would work on both elegant and youthful looks. I personally love it and would recommend the colour.

Thank you everyone for your input. I have actually purchased this color in a kelly 28 in GHW since I last posted (I'm bag twins with you 27leborse!). I've also done a reveal comparing this color to rose jaipur and lipstick - thread name is Rouge Pivoine (Color Comparison Pics). Thank you everyone!