is Rebecca Minkoff a scientologist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She grew up in it from what I've read,Ifshe's on the forum, it would be great to hear from her directly about her involvement and if they are investors in her company. I've been watching both season of the Leah R. show on A&E and find it fascinating that such smart, amazing people find themselves at a place where they need an organziation like this to live their lives.

Wow. I just ordered a RM WOC but that's going to get canceled now. I think I can find a nice WOC from a company that doesn't support slavery and other fun activities...

I also read that they lock people in a room and force them to donate. No doubt Rebecca’s company also donates to them from time to time. What company does that? Just inhumane!

I bought a bag and a pair of gloves a few days ago that I really liked, then I saw this topic. I eventually exchanged them for another, non-RM bag. Thank god I bought them at Nordstrom and the Rack. Too bad I can’t return my scarves, I already cut the tags off. Oh well. I’m done with her. Too bad because she has some cute accessories.

Last edited:
I also read that they lock people in a room and force them to donate. No doubt Rebecca’s company also donates to them from time to time. I bought a bag and a pair of gloves a few days ago that I really liked, but I exchanged them for another, non-RM bag. Thank god I bought them at Nordstrom and the Rack. Too bad I can’t return my scarves, I already cut the tags off. Oh well. I’m done with her. Too bad because she has some cute accessories.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you.. Sad to say. It has nothing to do with differing RELIGIOUS beliefs either, this is NOT a religion.. It's a cult.. They don't worship God, they worship a mortal man, L Ron Hubbard.. and now that's he's gone David Miscaviage.. So so sad..

She grew up in it from what I've read,Ifshe's on the forum, it would be great to hear from her directly about her involvement and if they are investors in her company. I've been watching both season of the Leah R. show on A&E and find it fascinating that such smart, amazing people find themselves at a place where they need an organziation like this to live their lives.

there are some smart people that just have this need to be part of a group like this. Years ago an casual friend of mine invited me to a meeting. It was a group of some sort of positive thinking cultish nature. She was very active in the group. (Prior to that she was active in the church of religious science).
After the large meeting, I was taken into an office where they tried to get me to join (money was involved as I recall). I said no. They had me to talk to another person and then they had my "friend" try to close on me (kinda like car salesmen). It was very stressful and annoying.

I'm not in touch with that woman anymore so I don't know if she's still involved with the group. But I have heard that she became very successful and made a lot of money in sales.

Reactions: Shelbyrana
there are some smart people that just have this need to be part of a group like this. Years ago an casual friend of mine invited me to a meeting. It was a group of some sort of positive thinking cultish nature. She was very active in the group. (Prior to that she was active in the church of religious science).
After the large meeting, I was taken into an office where they tried to get me to join (money was involved as I recall). I said no. They had me to talk to another person and then they had my "friend" try to close on me (kinda like car salesmen). It was very stressful and annoying.

I'm not in touch with that woman anymore so I don't know if she's still involved with the group. But I have heard that she became very successful and made a lot of money in sales.
Wow! Good for you for not giving in. That is a lot of pressure.

She was my favorite handbag designer for YEARS.
I will no longer purchase her bags from Nordstrom, her website, etc.

This along with her customer service issues have absolutely LOST me as a customer.

Scientology was invented by A SCIENCE FICTION AUTHOR. That should say enough. It is a cult, abusive, and corrupt. David Miscaviage's wife has been missing for SEVEN YEARS. He is sick in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.