Is Prada Galleria bag out of style

Its a classic bag and practical! I also think it is a good looking bag and will still be trendy in the many years to come. I find it to be a good working bag but also not too formal when you go for after work drinks :smile:

I loved that they come in so many colours but then it makes it harder to decide which to get! Finally after 2 years of deciding and then another 2 years of searching for the colour I wanted, I finally found it :heart:

I bought it pre-loved and it just arrived today! :love:

Older models have the slot which is purposed to put the key chain in it. Newer models don’t have the slot but the key chain just hangs down. I think the slot is pretty useless, I never put the chain in it.

thank you so much! I bought mine a few weeks ago and it doesn't have a slot, so i was worried about that fact, but than everything is fine :smile:

Reactions: aurore
Older models have the slot which is purposed to put the key chain in it. Newer models don’t have the slot but the key chain just hangs down. I think the slot is pretty useless, I never put the chain in it.
it most definitely isn't used to put the fob in, that's silly. It was actually designed for putting train tickets in!

it most definitely isn't used to put the fob in, that's silly. It was actually designed for putting train tickets in!

When I bought mine, there was the key chain already stuck in it (by Prada staff or originally after production) :smile: ... so I never put it out as I quite like the look :biggrin: I never really thought about it... where did you hear it was for tickets?

Anyway, I love Galleria bags, it was the first style that I've liked by Prada :girlsigh:

I’ve been wondering this myself! I’ve always loved the galleria since it’s launch and am finally thinking of buying one, but wondering if it makes sense to purchase now and if it will look dated. I’m wondering if I should go for something more modern like the Celine belt bag. I would buy pre owned for both.

My collection is rather small- just an antigona and a new Gucci 1955. The Gucci is my go to. I don’t get use out of the antigona due to the short shoulder strap. I am looking to add something around the same size as the antigona but with a longer crossbody strap. A small galleria and micro belt bag both fit the bill. I wouldn’t use it as for work as I’m not comfortable wearing labels at work. The Celine might be more discreet in that regard. Thoughts?? I need advice!

I’ve been wondering this myself! I’ve always loved the galleria since it’s launch and am finally thinking of buying one, but wondering if it makes sense to purchase now and if it will look dated. I’m wondering if I should go for something more modern like the Celine belt bag. I would buy pre owned for both.

My collection is rather small- just an antigona and a new Gucci 1955. The Gucci is my go to. I don’t get use out of the antigona due to the short shoulder strap. I am looking to add something around the same size as the antigona but with a longer crossbody strap. A small galleria and micro belt bag both fit the bill. I wouldn’t use it as for work as I’m not comfortable wearing labels at work. The Celine might be more discreet in that regard. Thoughts?? I need advice!

It can't look dated, it's a Prada classic / signature / iconic bag (which is also implied by its name) :smile:

On the contrary, some 'it' bags of the moment might look dated in a few years...