Is Posh Being A Snob ?

I think if they REALLY need the guests to go along with their theme, the couple should either say what type of clothing (ie: "Everyone should wear Masquerade costumes") or the color (ie: "Everyone should wear white")

But to dictate both the color and the style the guests will be wearing is a tad much.

It's not her wedding and no matter how rediculous the request is, she still needs to honor the bride's wishes if she's gonna go. If she didnt, then she would be very rude.

I thought that Posh wasn't going to the Liz Hurley's wedding! And it was 'cos she had some engagements in LA...
I think she'll turn any outfit posh and glamourous even if she wears a sari...

arent the beckhams the one also made a "theme" on their world cup party where the winner of the contest to their party also complain about the "theme"
now how do SHE feel when people not respecting her party's dress code.

I am sure its not true, but Liz Hurley could hardly talk about Wedding etiquette, do you remember at Henry Dent Brocklehursts wedding when she wore a dress so slit up her front you could see her knickers! ;)

what goes around, comes around :biggrin:

Not really, H.D.B's wedding didn't ask her to wear anything specific, like this one.

Anyway, I think it's just "gossip magazine talking" here. I am sure Posh will oblige to the dress code if she decides to go.

well some weddings are black tie only, so that's pretty much instructing all the men to wear a tux. and i've also seen beach weddings where the guests are instructed to dress in white only. so in a way, i don't see what the big deal is for liz to request this. it's her wedding and she wants it "her way". if any guests won't comply with that, then just don't go u know??

I just don't understand why she's asking for them to wear only pink.
People have a right to pick what they want to wear..
bride gets to pick her decorations/clothing/bridesmaids clothing etc..
I think that's more than enough.
it would have been best if she asked for them to wear a Sari in whatever color the person wants..

Not really, H.D.B's wedding didn't ask her to wear anything specific, like this one.

Anyway, I think it's just "gossip magazine talking" here. I am sure Posh will oblige to the dress code if she decides to go.

Yep, but if you were getting married and hadnt asked your guests to wear anything specific - would you be ok with somebody turning up like that :confused1: :wtf:

A wedding certainly requires an amount of decorum, would you not say :yes:

i think that she is being a snob.

a black tie wedding is all tuxes for men, some weddings brides ask parents to leave their kids at home. essentially, i guess its the couple's big day, and well just go along with it even if you have to find a sitter for the kids or pay to rent a tux.

i just think she's being outrageous. how would she feel if someone broke her dress code/theme?

besides, there are parties where its a 'white only' party or duct/caution tape only...(more highschool/frat than anything)

I think I wouldn't mind if one of my friends asked me to wear something like this to her wedding. What's more I don't think it's just a genius idea of Miss Hurley to ask guests to do this, but I think it's a necessity if her wedding is supposed be a traditional Idian wedding. I don't really know, but I suspect that's the reason she asked people to wear saris. I don't think this should be a big problem for VB, I saw her wearing much worse outfits, and she really looks cute in everything do she shouldn't worry about it.

I think asking people to only wear Pink saris are a bit too much - why not just ask them not to wear a colour the Bride isn't wearing? Or is Liz afraid someone might outshine her? Anyway I think its being too much of a control freak. Its ok to dictate what the Bridemaid or Bridal party will wear but telling everyone else to wear only pink is too much.

She is being a brat. I bet she just doesn't want to wear the same thing everyone else is wearing. It is Liz Hurley's and fiance's day, not Victorias. If she doesn't like the request, she can stay home.