Is peeling inevitable for the damier ebene Speedies? How long does it take to do so?

dreamscapexl

Purse Obsessed
Jan 24, 2010
I have been reading a lot of the horror stories about the damier ebene Speedy (about how the defective bags peel within months), but what about those bags that were NOT defective?

I would love to hear from people who have been happy with their damier ebene Speedy (non-defective)! I have read many posts about the glazing problem, but most of the posters are cases of rare and defective bags, so I wanted to know whether peeling is an issue for the MAJORITY of ebene Speedy owners.

For normal "wear and tear," how long did it take before the handles started to peel? Is peeling inevitable, or does peeling not happen at all for some bags? Thanks for the help!

I have been reading a lot of the horror stories about the damier ebene Speedy (about how the defective bags peel within months), but what about those bags that were NOT defective?

I would love to hear from people who have been happy with their damier ebene Speedy (non-defective)! I have read many posts about the glazing problem, but most of the posters are cases of rare and defective bags, so I wanted to know whether peeling is an issue for the MAJORITY of ebene Speedy owners.

For normal "wear and tear," how long did it take before the handles started to peel? Is peeling inevitable, or does peeling not happen at all for some bags? Thanks for the help!

I really have not read many threads about the damier ebene speedy, but the damier ebene neverful is the one I continue to hear about regarding peeling or glazing issues.

I have only read about the glazing/peeling handles issue on the damier NF, never on the speedy....I do have a damier speedy which I use all the time, it is my "go to" bag and it looks almost new with no problems...I did have a problems with the glazing coming off the handles on my mono speedy but thats another issue.....

I really have not read many threads about the damier ebene speedy, but the damier ebene neverful is the one I continue to hear about regarding peeling or glazing issues.

Thanks for the help. :smile: Yeah, I heard about the problems with the ebene NF, but I did see some threads with glazing problems on the ebene Speedy (see the Speedy handle cover threads), so it's got me worried now.

I have only read about the glazing/peeling handles issue on the damier NF, never on the speedy....I do have a damier speedy which I use all the time, it is my "go to" bag and it looks almost new with no problems...I did have a problems with the glazing coming off the handles on my mono speedy but thats another issue.....

Glad that your damier Speedy's holding up! And wow, about the mono! I didn't realize there was glazing on the monogram Speedies too! *thought the handles on the mono were just unprotected vachetta* Could you elaborate on the problem you've been having with the mono? I've been debating on damier ebene vs. monogram Speedy for my first LV, so this info would help. Thanks and sorry to hear about what's happening with your mono Speedy!

Could you elaborate on the problem you've been having with the mono?[/B] I've been debating on damier ebene vs. monogram Speedy for my first LV, so this info would help. Thanks and sorry to hear about what's happening with your mono Speedy!

the red glazing started peeling off my speedy handles (less than 1 year old), LV replaced the bag when they made a mistake heat stamping it (another long story LOL)...that's the only issue I've ever had with peeling/glazing issues, on a mono bag not a damier bag but it might have just been a fluke problem and in the end LV took care of it so all went well.....

I think the problem is usually due to really hot temps and hand sweat. It is only leather, and just because it is treated doesn't mean it is completely indistructable.

I have a damier deauville that was made in 2002 and it doesn't have any peeling.

I have a damier speedy and I haven't had any problems with it ... The NF (no longer have) is a PAIN ! Everything goes wrong with that bag ... I do not recommend it! The damier speedy is an awesome bag and care free which is good cause you live in canada ! I recommend getting it and it shud be good if you hold it in the crook of ur arms cuz peeling tends to happen on bags tht ppl hand hold ... Worst comes to worst keep ur reciept and request a new bag if urs starts to peel ! Good Luck!

I bought my damier ebene speedy 30 in june 2009. the peeling started this year in january. i think it was because i started hand-carrying it instead of carrying it in the crook of my elbow. i was really heartbroken when i started noticing the glaze starting to peel. and the worst part is, it just wouldnt stop! each time i used it, it seemed to be peeling more and more. in the end, i got so fed up that i peeled most of it off! it didnt bother me because you cant really tell any difference. i am someone who takes care of her bags well. so needless to say, i was pretty disappointed. :sad:

Thanks for the help so far, everyone!

I bought my damier ebene speedy 30 in june 2009. the peeling started this year in january. i think it was because i started hand-carrying it instead of carrying it in the crook of my elbow. i was really heartbroken when i started noticing the glaze starting to peel. and the worst part is, it just wouldnt stop! each time i used it, it seemed to be peeling more and more. in the end, i got so fed up that i peeled most of it off! it didnt bother me because you cant really tell any difference. i am someone who takes care of her bags well. so needless to say, i was pretty disappointed. :sad:

And I'm really sorry to hear that. :sad: *hugs* I'm also really picky about my bags, and I ended up choosing the Mono 30 for my first LV the other day. *didn't think I could be completely happy when I have to worry about peeling*