Is Patent Leather still fashionable in 2018?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I got a good deal on a Large MK Selma in Red Patent Leather. The more I look around me the more I notice patent leather doesn’t seem to be trending right now. Haha. Anyone else’s thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

2. I think it comes and goes often. I've noticed designers make patent bags once a year. I see it out often.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. I don't see it out as often, but if you like it, then rock it!

4. I have never been a fan of patent leather so I've never bought it. My SIL, however, loves it. I say if you love it, own it & ROCK IT!! :rochard:

AManIntoFashion and sdkitty like this.
  5. I think it's never really "out", just more or less hyped!

the_baglover likes this.
  6. Wow, why am I not a rapper... :cool:

7. I think the new autumn 2018 collection has a shoulder bag in patent/wrinkled leather.

8. Yes wear it❤️

AManIntoFashion likes this.
  9. Patent and metallic design will always be around
    It's more like the user style and manners that makes it special

ccbaggirl89 likes this.
  10. That’s the best time to rock it!!! Like to wear bags that not everyone else is wearing.

11. Patent leather bags usually come out in October / November for Winter. :smile:

UmmIbrahim likes this.
  12. Call it vernis, and ask if it's out.

UmmIbrahim likes this.
  13. Patent looks cool in certain colours and designs. It even lasts longer I think. And I don't think there is anything that is particularly "in," or "out" these days. Go for whatever you like and are in mood of.

14. I have a bag of my grandmothers (look exactly like the Mansur Gavriel frame bag surprisingly!) and it is patent. It is also probably from the 50’s or earlier. So I would say that the material is a classic!

UmmIbrahim likes this.
  15. If you like it, use it!!!

Patent leather has such a cool, nice feeling IMO!

Enjoy it!!