Is new caviar still leather?

Although rBGH hormones on cows were banned in Europe since 2000, I wonder if France or Italy import their cows or cow leathers from USA. Artificial growth hormones probably makes the difference on leather. we need a device to detect this as well. :smile:

Or...maybe my cows had botox treatment to lessen the visibility of their pores! :smile:

Very enjoyable and entertaining read! They always say u learn at least one new thing a day, lol
I have a newer caviar leather and till now did not know it used to be shiny or is supposed to be shiny. Didn't realize when I bought it since I was so excited. But I prefer the matte look since I use it during the day. Also just read that the interior of classic flap should be a certain "red". My SA must have loved me because I was like wrap it up and didn't even realize I should have looked at a few,lol. Love mine and super happy with new caviar leather. MOO :smile:

I'm glad i found this thread. I just got new medium Boy in red caviar series#199x I compared it with my med/large classic flap bag in black caviar series 15xxx, Boy caviar softer than Flap caviar, when I pressing lightly on each quilted I noticed: Flap black caviar bounce back its original state quickly and Boy red caviar has a flat mark and take a long time to bounce back. Are they different caviar, or quality decrease, when I closed up Black caviar has pores and Red caviar just smoothly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 218
I'm glad i found this thread. I just got new medium Boy in red caviar series#199x I compared it with my med/large classic flap bag in black caviar series 15xxx, Boy caviar softer than Flap caviar, when I pressing lightly on each quilted I noticed: Flap black caviar bounce back its original state quickly and Boy red caviar has a flat mark and take a long time to bounce back. Are they different caviar, or quality decrease, when I closed up Black caviar has pores and Red caviar just smoothly!

I don't think it decreased in quality. They just treat the leather differently now, maybe thicker lacquer now for durability. :smile:

Your red boy is very handsome by the way. :biggrin: