Is NAS designer wear of lesser quality?

chicsylvie

Feb 6, 2015
I ordered the deeply discounted NAS Burberry leather jacket and love the cut, but have reservations about the material. I've tried on Burberry leather jackets in the past and was generally impressed by the quality of the leather. The leather on the NAS jacket--an "Exclusive to Nordstrom" model and therefore unavailable in Burberry stores--felt a bit stiffer than what I was expecting. It made me wonder whether this jacket could even be sold at Burberry for the price that it retails at Nordstrom; and whether, like some other styles, this was a garment that was produced with cheaper materials for the NAS.

Is this just in my imagination or can anybody weigh in? It's still a lovely cut, and I haven't ruled it out as my main clothing purchase for the season, but it doesn't feel as soft as the Remington.

I read somewhere on the forum I think that someone tried on shoes at the NA sale and noticed the sole felt different than it usually did. She asked the SA about it and she said it was a different model just for the sale, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same with the jacket. (and since outlets do that)

I think the NAS pieces are of different (lesser) quality in some cases. There are definite exceptions, but I have especially noticed this for higher end/deisgner pieces. It's disappointing, because to me, it's not really a "deal" to pay "discounted" prices on items that were never comparable in quality to other similar non-NAS items with similar non-sale prices. Like I said, there are still plenty of quality choices and I'm glad ladies here are enjoying their sale picks, but I do think there is truth to your observation.

Reactions: chiclawyer