Is MySpace Safe?

LAltiero85

<3
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Hey everyone! I was thinking about starting a myspace account, but I am afraid to....not sure if it's safe to. I also heard that they were thinking of closing it down because of some of the problems it's causing. So if you know anything about it, please let me know.

Also, give me your opinions, do you think it's safe? Would you start your own account?

What do you mean, "Is it safe?". Are you asking if a murderer will find you through your page?
Myspace is as safe as you make it. If you plaster personal info all over your page, then prepare to be stalked. If not, then you should be fine.

I think it's safe. I have my myspace page on private so only people on my friends list can see my page and I also have it set where if someone request to be my friend they have to know my last name or email.

I agree with the person who wrote "it's as safe as you make it."

Don't give out your full name, address, phone number, email address, etc. and you'll be fine. I mean really, it's common sense.

I've had it for over a year now (I think), and I have no problems with it. My friends are scattered all over the world, so it's a nice way of seeing what they're up to & keeping in contact with them.

I :heart: myspace!

But just like others have mentioned, its as safe as you want it to be. I had to rip a new one to my sister who posted her license plate on myspace....:hysteric::mad:

Don't post anything that can give the opportunity to find you. Set your settings to private so that only people you want to see your page can.

Just take the necessary precautions and you will be fine! Myspace really is a great place to get re-acquainted with those you lost touch with or even to make new friends, just be smart about it and have fun!

its safe..you can make your profile private so no one can see it unless they're in your friends list. also to keep it safe just accept friends that you know. if you're just adding anyone that requests you then they have access to your pics.

its as private as you want to make it.

Like Charles said.. it's all up to you.

Those girls that you hear about on the news getting abducted or killed because someone stalked them on myspace.. I'm pretty sure they communicated with their predator at one point or another on myspace.

If you're really worried then make your profile private (that way you can choose your friends and only your friends can look at your profile) and don't give out a lot of information like location, full name, any personal information at all. You can also take your name off the search engine thing on myspace so if people type in your name they can't find your myspace.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

it's safe...as long as you don't give out your personal information
be wise who you speak to just because you see a picture of a girl it could be a fake profile
you can also put on your privacy area to only allow people who know your last name or email address to be able to friend request you

I never "got" Myspace. As in "understood." I've seen pages of several users, but I never bought into the supposed hype. I guess I'd much rather just run my own domains or something.