Is my new Gryson too much like a "man bag" or a briefcase?

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I purchased the Gryson Taylor (saddle-like) bag over the weekend from Nordstrom. At first, I really fell in love the the utility of it. However, the more I think about it, the more it's starting to look like a "man bag" or briefcase to me. What do you guys think? I think it would be a great work bag, but I want something that I can wear casually without it looking too professional.

I apologize for the pictures...as soon I as tried taking a a picture, the batteries died on me!

Attachments

• Picture 408.jpg
    Picture 408.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Picture 409.jpg
    Picture 409.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 410.jpg
    Picture 410.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 411.jpg
    Picture 411.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 116
i don't think it's manly.
it's beautiful :yes:
attachment.php

I like it. Can you explain the clasp/closure on the exterior or front of the bag? I just can't get get my mind around it. How does it work and how long does it take to close and open? I ask because it appears to be the same one as on the Josey.

It's gorgeous! You are one lucky woman! It's a beautiful classy piece, nothing 'manly' about it at all, IMO. Great for day- or nighttime.

But - once you started second-guessing yourself, what was it you saw that made you think it was more like a 'man bag'? Do you normally carry a more feminine girly bag, and this one is a step in the other direction, or ? We're here to help you figure it out -

Don't take it back just yet, let's work this out - it is a beautiful bag...

I'm going to be the lone dissenting voice here....I don't think it looks like a man bag (it would need to have thicker straps for that, IMO) but it's not super feminine either. Which may be a good thing if you're not into frilly, decorated styles. It doesn't "wow" me, but you're the judge so if you love it, rock it!

I really like it. It is not a "girly" bag, but I definitely don't think it is manly either. It is a beautiful, classic bag that I think could work great with a polished work look, or easily also be a more casual go-to bag. :tup:

I think it's beautiful. If, however, you are concerned that it's a little manly (which I don't think it is), maybe you could get it in a lighter color. Does it come in any other colors?