Is my new Gryson too much like a "man bag" or a briefcase?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!

I purchased the Gryson Taylor (saddle-like) bag over the weekend from Nordstrom. At first, I really fell in love the the utility of it. However, the more I think about it, the more it's starting to look like a "man bag" or briefcase to me. What do you guys think? I think it would be a great work bag, but I want something that I can wear casually without it looking too professional.

I apologize for the pictures...as soon I as tried taking a a picture, the batteries died on me!

Attached Files:

2. :love: I LOVE that bag!!! I've been eyeing it myself! :heart: It's not a man-bag to me. It's a gorgeous tote. Loooooove it.

3. i don't think it's manly.
    it's beautiful :yes:
    [​IMG]

4. I don't think so. The color is beautiful!

5. I like it. Can you explain the clasp/closure on the exterior or front of the bag? I just can't get get my mind around it. How does it work and how long does it take to close and open? I ask because it appears to be the same one as on the Josey.

6. It's gorgeous! You are one lucky woman! It's a beautiful classy piece, nothing 'manly' about it at all, IMO. Great for day- or nighttime.

But - once you started second-guessing yourself, what was it you saw that made you think it was more like a 'man bag'? Do you normally carry a more feminine girly bag, and this one is a step in the other direction, or ? We're here to help you figure it out -

Don't take it back just yet, let's work this out - it is a beautiful bag...

7. I love it. Very beautiful and classy! Not manly at all.

8. I'm going to be the lone dissenting voice here....I don't think it looks like a man bag (it would need to have thicker straps for that, IMO) but it's not super feminine either. Which may be a good thing if you're not into frilly, decorated styles. It doesn't "wow" me, but you're the judge so if you love it, rock it!

9. I really like it. It is not a "girly" bag, but I definitely don't think it is manly either. It is a beautiful, classic bag that I think could work great with a polished work look, or easily also be a more casual go-to bag. :tup:

10. I love it! It's gorgeous and very stylish.

11. I agree with greenpixie..it's in between. It's a good unisex bag. But I think it looks cute on you!

12. Cool bag. Too much detailing on it to look like a man's bag. Nice!

13. I think it's beautiful. If, however, you are concerned that it's a little manly (which I don't think it is), maybe you could get it in a lighter color. Does it come in any other colors?